Wednesday 15 July 2020

Eider at Bangor Seafront.

Here in Northern Ireland lockdown has easied in so much as 30 people can meet outside but still with social distancing.  I still have some walking images to show you before I had torn a ligament in my knee and you are very welcome to join our walks, albeit still 3' apart! This is a Eider duck seen along Seacliffe Road, Bangor.



I hope you enjoyed the post today.
I appreciate your visit and comments.
  
I may not be able to comments as much as usual as I seem to be busier with my many groups so that no one gets cabin fever, so I hope you understand that.
Difficult times for everyone so stay safe.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, what a treat! I wonder if they are still killed for their feathers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thing. I do hope they are protected now - but fear not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very goose-like in its shape--- Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely bird Margaret - I have only ever seen this species once! I do hope your leg improves soon. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your injury glad things are easing for you.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely markings on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eider ducks are really beautiful, and their downy feathers are highly prized for their warmth. That may have threatened the Eider duck population.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ducks. I have uploaded a stork for you. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW!! what a beautiful duck!! i hope you are doing well/better!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting looking bird!

    ReplyDelete