Monday 11 April 2016

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY and THROUGH MY LENS

  • This week my friend Linda and I went to Belfast to have a lesson on ICloud in the Apple store and thought I would try and get some of the shots for this week’s SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY  and THROUGH MY LENS.  However the first 2 are taken when our 'Acting up' teacher treated us to coffee and scones as it was our last day this session.
  • The word prompts are Sweet, Smile, Not Normal, Ordinary Day, and Different Angle.  


  •       I did not have this SWEET but asked the girl could I photograph it! 


My friend Sue, who is part of the 'Acting Up' group kindly suplied me with my SMILE photograph.  She can always be relied on.


I passed this pub and noticed this sign and thought of Theresa from Eden’s Hills who breeds goats and really I wondered what would happen if she took all her goats in!  Surely this is NOT NORMAL.


   
Now, I never have an ORDINARY DAY as every day is special and unique for me.  Now these words posed a problem for me and so I asked quite a number of people their thoughts and no one seem to have an ' ordinary day either!  So I found this Shephard with his sheep and although I think these sculptures are marvellous, they are frozen in time and will never know or be anything different.  For them, every day is an ORDINARY DAY



This is one of the many buildings I photogaphed the day I went to Belfast and this is the House of Fraser photographed from a DIFFERENT ANGLE, directly looking up from the street. 



As we entered the doors of the House of Fraser, Linda said ' Surely the height of that woman is NOT NORMAL'!  What do you think?

I hope you have enjoyed my take on these word prompts this week.

Many thanks for visiting and also to all who leave comments.

25 comments:

  1. Love Sue's smile.
    And the proportion of that final woman which is leg is CERTAINLY not normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever of you on this theme Margaret, and enjoyed your photos very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And me, Sue has such a beautiful smile, I could live with the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun photos Margaret! You found great sculptures and the sign is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for taking me along, the sights were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am rather partial to your shepherd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a smile Sue has ... lovely

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shepherd walking the sheep in town is not normal either. I woo would love to see Theresa and her goats at that pub. That sweet does look delicious. I don't even need the batter just give me the fruit! Great smile from Sue. I like the movement depicted in that woman dancing statue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting!
    The last photo is my favorite
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Margaret. That pub sign must be the strangest sign ever. It would make for an interesting morning standing at the bar though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, great post and images for your photo hunt. The dessert looks delicious, I wonder how many calories? Your friend has a pretty smile. I love the sculpture of the sheep and shepherd. The sign is awesome. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post and what strength you displayed to keep from eating that wonderful looking desert! Have a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices, Margaret... I loved your choice for 'ordinary day'... Very creative...

    That lady does have a beautiful smile, and the 'sweet' looks YUMMY.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Had to laugh at the statue with the 50% off sign. Seems there are a number of ways to understand that sign. Fine take on all your images. Sue has a great smile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome photo's for the prompts. i favored sweet (no surprise there) and smile. she sure has a beautiful smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was wonderful and I love your interpretation of the prompts. It sounds like so much fun, but could be really difficult to come up with. That has to be the most delicious scone I have ever laid eyes on and I am impressed that you had the will power to pass on it ... hmmmm, any regrets? Great series, Margaret :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice collection of photos. That first photo of the sweet has made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Margaret,
    Great shots. Love the Shepard and sheep. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fascinating.Fun photos for these words.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just love this post! The sweet treat looks quite delicious. I can assure you that if I took my entire herd of goats in the building, it would most likely be condemned.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for this enjoyable post

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are we talking about Linda or the Statue Margaret.{:))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Margaret

    I enjoyed your series of photos--they made me smile along with Sue, and I had an image of all those critters standing together inside the bar! I liked both sculputres--nice to see art work on display in everyday life!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...great photos! Enjoyed seeing each and every one! Is the statue of the 50 ft. woman what is 50% off???? :-)

    ReplyDelete