Wednesday 20 April 2016

Mount Stewart Flower Edits

Recently I walked round the National Trust lake at Mount Stewart near Newtownards, and as it was still early spring there was not much colour as yet apart from the bulbs and blossom.  However as I rounded a corner my eyes lit up with the sparkling yellow colours of the  Lysichiton americanus which has, a few common names, Skunk Cabbage and Swamp Lantern being two of them. 


I think Swamp Lantern is a very apt name for this plant as it totally lit up the whole edge of the lakeside.  So I have played around with the shots I took and I hope you will find one that you like.  Perhaps you would like to let me know? 











Have you got a favourite? 
Thank you for your visit and also to all who leave comments.
My favourite is the last image.

19 comments:

  1. I love your takes on this amazing plant and i like the last one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excelente fotografias.
    Um abraço e boa Quarta-Feira.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice flower and yoy photos are so clear my dear Margaret. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the polaroid style shot. But sunny yellow beauties all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret, I've seen those at Biltmore Estate (in their conservatory)... I've always wanted to know their name... I like what you chose, Swamp Lantern... (Don't like Skunk Cabbage... ha ha )

    I published a blog post this week.. Check it out when you get a chance.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Margaret, pretty blooms and images. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you certainly have caught on to the are of edits ... I am hard pressed to pick a favorite, but if you insist ... I like the last two the best. Beautifully done, Margaret :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pics of the skunk cabbage, especially the ones with water droplets on them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brook Lantern is idea, it is fabulous plant Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smelly swamp lantern? I will admit skunk cabbage is a tad harsh for such a lovely plant. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have to say,no favourite,but I really like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Margaret, these flowers are beautiful.
    thank you, that I could see them.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like them all, Margaret. They look like fine habitat for tiny frogs and such as, too.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. All are very beautiful images about lovely flower, but maybe my favorite is nr 2.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just LOVE the swamp lantern! What awesome macros!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting plants. I like the golden glow in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete