Monday 4 April 2016

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY and THROUGH MY LENS

One day last week a friend Linda and I met up in Belfast to see a Eddie the Eagle film and I was telling her I had no words for the next Scavenger Hunt Sunday and could she give me 5 random words so that I could enter this week.  As it turned out when I returned home, Ashley had put the meme on and she said we could use whatever 5 photos we wanted for next week.  So I am sticking with Linda’s five words which she gave me when we were travelling home on the train.  Bridge, Height, Excitement, Together and Teapot.  The first 2 are taken from the moving train.


The Albert Bridge is a BRIDGE in Belfast, Northern Ireland and was built in 1890.  Its three flat arches span the River Lagan and it is one of eight bridges in the city.


The cranes are situated in the shipyard of Harland & Wolff and were constructed by the German engineering firm Krupp, with Goliath being completed in 1969 and Samson, in 1974. Goliath stands 96 metres (315 ft) tall, while Samson's HEIGHT is taller at 106 metres (348 ft). Goliath, the smaller of the two sits slightly further inland closer to Belfast City. At the time Harland & Wolff was one of the largest shipbuilders in the world. The announcement that they were to be built was an important event at the time.


Before meeting Linda that day and when I was standing waiting for the ‘green man’ permission to cross the road, I took these photographs of the side of the Belfast City Hall.  As they fit one of the word prompts I thought I would show you them.  The HEIGHT of the roof is 174 feet (53m).




When Linda and I got off the train in Bangor we headed to a shop where in the morning Linda had seen a jacket that she liked and hoped it had not been sold.  I think you can see the EXCITEMENT on her face as she discovered it was still there and of course she bought it.



Next morning at breakfast time, it was my turn for great EXCITEMENT when I saw a male Robin feeding a female Robin.  This is the first time I had seen this and of course my camera was upstairs!!!  I dashed upstairs and when I returned to the window, they were still there but now the male was watching the female Robin having a bath. I decided to video it  (through window) and afterwards the male continued to feed the female however this was just out of view of my camera! 

If the video does not appear, CLICK HERE.



Did you see the food in the male Robin's bill just waiting for his bride to finish bathing!  Who said romance is dead!

Linda gave me the word Teapot because she told me her grandson (12 yrs old) was asked to do a photographic project to find 3 compound words, each word having 2 small words that together makes that compound word.  I thought this was a wonderful idea and could make a good meme however I just photographed the word TEAPOT for you. He would have had a shot for tea, pot and teapot.



I have had this TEAPOT for many years and it sits on my plate rack in the hall.  I have never used it, in fact I don’t drink tea anyway.  It was a present from my girls when they were much younger.  

I am linking this post with SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY and THROUGH MY LENS.

Thanks to all for visited and also to Linda for being such a good  sport.

Also many thanks to all who leave comments.

24 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful little city and you have grabbed some good views of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Scavenger Post. I do drink tea, but suspect I would keep that pot as an ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very unusual teapot. I love its design. The Robins are cute too! Thanks for linking in with "Through my Lens"

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such joy in video.. So, so cute and a nice way to start this week with a lovely mood! So interesting aspects captured through your lens! Many thanks for sharing them with us! Best regards in the new week of Spring! Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found the right teapot for your hunt! great photos of Belfast 's landmarks but those two robins are the stars today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so amazing. I love the little video and the cute littlebird. So very beautiful.
    Best regards
    susa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a pretty bridge and the ALbert Bridge qualifies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margaret,
    Great shots. Love the Excitement shot, you captured it wonderfully. I really like your teapot. I have several of my mom's teapots. I don't drink either, but they are nice to have for sentimental reasons. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the bridge and the architectural details are delightful

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do have fun with your hunts! I love seeing the City of Dublin and the construction project ... I always take pictures of that sort of stuff but am seldom able to use it in a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your images do a fine job capturing the words in this treasure hunt. Love your bridge and crane photos. With a teapot that that I am surprised you don't at least occasionally have a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos.
    Especially I love the photos with Robins in the bath and of course the video.
    Greetings from Poland,
    Krystyna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful bridge! Very nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cute robins and video! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cranes are massive! Nice collection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures. I especially like the bridge and reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes--- the Bridge! But also the robins. and... Oh heck all great pictures, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic post Margaret, teapots are one of my favourite things (I'm a big tea drinker) beautiful architecture and wonderful robins. Your video is fantastic.
    I have four robins visiting my garden, but I haven't been this lucky to capture them on video.
    Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoyed this thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. That bridge is pretty. The city hall roof has great detail and the building is beautiful. I have never seen a robin feeding another-what a great moment to capture. Your friend Linda is indeed excited. And your teapot is cute.

    And an Irish lass that does not like tea...are you still allowed to call yourself Irish born and bred ? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful series of images. Love the bridge and building!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The bridge is very nice an the tea-cup I like very much too. Thank you for showing this wonderfull pictures to us. Greetings from Marion

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE that bridge in the first image. Maybe someday I'll get to Ireland -- hope, hope!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your photos are stunning but for me, the ultimate treat was seeing those beautiful robins! I loved the video!
    We were digging in the garden the other day and the male blackbird and robin were having a massive conversation on trees on either side of us for about 2 hours. We just knew they were discussing the juicy worms we'd dug up!!x

    ReplyDelete