Saturday 7 June 2014

SATURDAY CRITTERS - The Story of a Depressed Goat and a Donkey

Sometime ago a friend of mine sent me a video that was on Youtube and I thought I would like to share it with you.  Fortunately I had put this into draft for a rainy day and although the weather is lovely where I am for my few days away, I am able now to post it for you.

The animal welfare group Animal Place had not anticipated how deep a bond Mr. G had with Jellybean. When they realized why Mr. G was so depressed, they arranged to bring Jellybean to him.  What happens next is amazing!

The video can be accessed at


If there is a black space below, click it and the video will appear.



Never underestimate how animals feel.  It speaks so loudly of the power of depression - and the power of friendship. I hope you found this as touching as I did.  

I am linking this post with SATURDAYS CRITTERS. 

Thanks for visiting.  

Many thanks for leaving comments on any of my posts.

26 comments:

  1. Tears here. I love that they realised what the problem was - and that the other sanctuary was prepared to give Jellybean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet video.. I am so happy they were reunited..Thanks for linking up and have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature is such a wonderful thing, and watching things like this make me appreciate it a lot more. A lovely story and that goat looked much happier for seeing his mate again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a great film clip Margaret

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lovely story... What happens togrthrt with Jollybean was really amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lived this . . . what a treat! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, LOVED . . . not lived!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, that me cry, tears of joy. Thanks for sharing that Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great video, but it made me cry. I will have to share with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so very sweet....they are just like people, i really enjoyed this video. thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful story, Margaret! I'm so appreciative that you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this sweet video.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful video. I love their story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So wonderful they could be reunited!
    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, such a wonderful video and so beautiful story !
    Have a great Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am happy to see again this video! It's really wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. made me smile and cry all at the same time. what a beautiful friendship they formed. isn't it great how the humans in this story responded to help the goat have his/ her friend back? hope all is well. have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this video and glad it all turned out well for these friends!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet story and person who made the trip to go get the burro! :) Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete