Tuesday 10 June 2014

Tall Ship bring back a casualty into Bangor Harbour (Part 2)

You will not understand this post unless you see yesterday’s post first!   I noticed that the 3 masked Schooner was not making much headway and then saw the RNLI Inshore Rib making its way to it.  I knew something was up so I hastily made my way back to Bangor Pier and was just in time to hear that a young woman had fallen on the larger ship and had badly broken her leg.  The rescue boat was not long returning to the pier but without the casualty.  A Doctor and Paramedic were taken aboard the rib with their equipment and speedily reached the ship.  

The Schooner arrived back in the harbour, and it was wonderful to see how the Captain manoeuvred the ship into its berth.  Eventually the woman was brought on a stretcher board to land and off in the waiting ambulance to hospital.  Enjoy both the slide show and video as the events unfold.

The slide show can be accessed at

http://youtu.be/zCnHpx_-CbE

If there is a black space below, click it and the video will appear.



The video can be accessed at

http://youtu.be/VkVBn8lgDb8

If there is a black space below, click it and the video will appear.



I do hope over the last 2 days you have enjoyed seeing these wonderful ships, not only in harbour but sailing around the Belfast Lough. The following evening I had the privilege of sailing on the 3 masted Schooner myself and some day, in the future, I will show you those photographs.

Many thanks for visiting today.

Many thanks for all who left comments on any of my posts. 

15 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, here she is on the best adventure of her life, probably. Then this happens, too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor young woman. I am so glad that she could be helped quickly.
    And jealous thoughts (lots of them) about your trip on the 3 masted Schooner. I am looking forward to seeing those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part one and Part two are wonderful. It was always a huge thing when tall ship events occurred in our harbour, they are the Royalty of sailing vessels...I am sorry for the lady who broke her leg though it sounds as if she was quickly and well taken care of, the bright side I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see a good ending (apart from the broken leg) to what could have been a tragic story.
    A great bit of reportage work there Margaret, a new career perhaps?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear someone broke her leg! That ruined a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love these schooners... such beauty! What a shame for this lady to have broken her leg and missed the trip. Great video though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't they beautiful? Poor woman! I've only just noticed that picture of the Great Tit eating out of your hand (so observant) - I'm so envious....they would never do that here. Certainly magical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, how sad for the lady and what a disappointment for those who had paid to ride the ships. I love emergency workers. It always makes me feel good to know they are around. One never knows when they might need help. This was a wonderful stoy, Margaret ... it would have been enough just to see the ships, but to add a little adventure and to watch the skill with which the captain brought his ship into the pier ... I loved it. Thank you so much ... you should be a reporter (not paparazzi, of course :), you covered this so well.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a little action to get the heart pumping. I don't think she'll forget that experience anytime soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to take a trip on an ocean going schooner Margaret. I'm looking forward to your write-up - without a broken leg.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sorry for the young woman, badly broken leg. The ships were superb, dealing with it. Lovely day that you had.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sad about the woman's accident. Hope she was okay after getting medical attention... Again though, thanks for sharing the tall ships with us.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Around here, we've had the privilege of large sailing ships come into port....everything that entails their maneuvers and expertise of those making it all become possible....I love every minute of watching them.

    Too bad someone broke a leg tho.

    ReplyDelete
  14. such beautiful ships. Really nice to see them. Enjoyed the video too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry to hear about the young woman who broke her leg, but I enjoyed seeing more pictures and the video of the ships. The captain of the schooner is an excellent seaman.

    ReplyDelete