Monday 9 June 2014

Tall Ships Visit Bangor (part 1)

I arrived back from my break on Saturday evening just in time to see 2 Tall Ships leave Bangor Harbour with about 300 people on board, bound to sail around Belfast Lough.  I had so many photographs that for the first time ever I tried putting them into a slide show for you.  Just to let you know, as there will be no commentary, the first people I spied on board were my brother and sister in law which you will see, another shot is how far the ships were when they were in Belfast Lough so those shots will not be as good quality and finally a few shots I changed into B & W and sepia.  

This is part 1 today, because what happened next was VERY unexpected so you will see it tomorrow in part 2.  I have also divided the video into two parts and you can see part 1 after the slide show today.

The slide show can be accessed at

http://youtu.be/eo-ZQtOBSJI

If there is a black space below, click it and the video will appear



To get some of the far away shots I moved round the coast a bit however when I saw what was happening at sea, I returned to the harbour to inquire about it.  All will be revealed tomorrow.

The video can be accessed at

http://youtu.be/mXg98YnPh7A

If there is a black space below, click it and the video will appear



Many thanks for all who left comments on any of my posts. I have been able to visit a number of your posts while away, but did not always have time to leave comments. I very much appreciate you continuing to visit as this week I am away quite a bit also however I hope to have a daily post for you anyway.

Many thanks for visiting today but make sure you tune in tomorrow for the final part of this story.

Many thanks for all who left comments on any of my posts. I have been able to visit a number of your posts while away, but did not always have time to leave comments. I very much appreciate you continuing to visit as this week I am away quite a bit also however I hope to have a daily post for you anyway.

15 comments:

  1. There is a real romance to the Tall Ships. Thank you. I loved seeing them - even half a world away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful! I can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a travel trouper for posting and visiting blogs while away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Margaret, aren't they just magnificent. I have seen them parked at the pier in Chicago, but never saw them in full sail. Your slides and video are wonderful. Thank you so much ....

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of images and video of these splendid ships Margaret...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big boats, sailing well. Great video Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a site that is . . . Tall ships have ventured into our harbors as well . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm envious -- I would have loved to have seen those beautiful ships in person. Thanks for your wonderful videos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margaret, My hubby absolutely loves Tall Ships... He would be thrilled to see the ones you showed here... Gorgeous!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such grace in these boats, and wonderful videos! my husband and i once went on a 3 day tall ship outing in Maine out in Penobscot bay. We loved it. What a fun time it looks as if you are having on this outing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your photos. We had the tall ships visit last year. They are amazing, aren't they?!! Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete