Friday 25 June 2021

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is  Z and Zippy. Now we do not use the word zippy much or at all in the UK however I understand it to mean lively and energetic. These images are from 2006 when I was in Australia and it may not be exactly what you had in mind for the word ZIPPY but I am sure this little engine would disagree.  I  have many more photographs of that day out around these old engines if you would like me, in time to edit them? I think they are wonderful and to ride in this one from the ZIG-ZAG Railway was brilliant.  The final image is my street – in this case platform shot.  Many different things go through people’s head in the presence of these old engins and I wonder what my daughter is thinking here? 







 I hope you enjoyed this post today.

Unfortunately I will not be commenting for a while due to a final diagnosis of my shoulder problem - Parsonage Turner Syndrome which is a rare condition and typing does not help the pain I am experiencing.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

I hope you enjoyed this post today.

12 comments:

  1. This is the cutest little red engine I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there...
    I do hope your pain is slowly easing, and you are regaining some of your mobility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post-- I'd like to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    What a fun, going on the trail ride. I like the old red engine. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Margaret.
    I like your photos
    I wish you a lot of health and a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love seeing old steam railroad engines, and your photos of this one are great. Yes, please let us see some more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries on not commenting, just take care of yourself.
    ZigZag railway love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's certainly a zippy engine, at least to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...ZIG ZAG os great for the hard letter Z! I haven't seen a steam engine in years. Thanks Margaret for joining the party, I hope that you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margaret, I liked the trains. We also rode on an antique steam engined train through the woods outside Wellimgton. It was a nice tourist attraction.
    Still hoping and praying for the shoulder.
    ..

    ReplyDelete