Friday 8 April 2016

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS and FRIDAY'S HUNT

Last week I made a visit to Mount Stewart House and Gardens at the National Trust property, near Newtownards.  I will be showing you more photographs of my visit soon however today I am fitting these 4 shots into the meme, Friday's Hunt.  The word prompts are - letter begining with O, my favourite photogaph and spring.


This is one of the many shots I took of the beautiful lake where you see the lovely ORIENTAL Koi Japonese ORNAMENT in the foreground of the photo.  



    When I looked up at one of the ceilings in the house, there was the letter O.



Although the Daffodils were out in all their glory in the garden and the pink Magnolia tree was magnificent, for my SPRING image, I decided to show you a close up of this beautiful delicate blossom from the  Prunus spinosa ‘Purpurea’ tree.



Now for me, it was very difficult to pick a FAVOURITE image from the house however this staircase is very grand with the wonderful Stubbs painting on the wall above it and I finally decided on that image.  

For WEEKEND REFLECTIONS I am showing you some shots, from one lovely sunny day when I walked along the Esplanade at Cowes recently. This is one shot that I caught as the dog pasted this puddle.  Enjoy the reflections I shot.







I hope you you enjoyed seeing all the images I selected for both FRIDAY'S HUNT and Weekend Reflections this week.

Many thanks for visiting and also to all those who leave comments.

33 comments:

  1. The staircase really is amazing, and I love the dog causally strolling along as well!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lake and the doggie reflection are both superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your reflections today Margaret! And the house tour was very interesting. That image of the staircase with the art [horse and rider], I also love!! I'd like to have that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all are lovely, the first is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely variety of interesting photos. Happy weekend to you Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello margaret, awesome reflection captures. My favorite is of the cute doggie. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lake, a grand and very special staircase and that is a beautiful white dog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice reflection shots! And I love your first photo of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, as always, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dog reflection shot is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely reflections, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is quite a collection of reflections. The dog reflected in the puddle is among my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabulous reflections this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes--- that staircase shot is truly amazing, but I truly enjoyed all of these. The railing reflected in the puddle, the dog, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pictures! I love the first one and the dog's reflection most.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very enjoyable, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely series of photos and the staircase is just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodness what a gorgeous dog, and he/she is just prancing along so happy and carefree! Happy to be alive and outside I imagine. Your reflections are just incredible, especially the puddle reflections, so clever. Now if only we had some sunshine so I could get some as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooooh the reflections are really awesome!!! have a wonderful weekend margaret!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful images, love the dog and its reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do like those reflection shots - especially that dog!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Water reflections are my favorite reflection! But the wet poodles (are they?) are cute. and the staircase photo is beautiful! Have a great weekend, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic shots each one, Margaret but I really was taken with the dogs reflection in the puddle !
    BTW I think I found the name of the swamp plant I called a lily which is actually skunk cabbage or lysichiton americanus.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely walk along the Esplanade and the waterfront!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great photos for this weeks Friday Hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  26. several great reflections. I, too, love the staircase :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The gardens are beautiful! How nice to find that O. You are still not helping with my puppy desires. LOL Thanks so much for linking up to Friday's Hunt! (Sorry my post went up early, but the linky started at the same time.)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely place to visit. The magnolia blossoms are so beautiful. While I"m having spring - almost summer like - weather here nothing has really bloomed yet.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The top shot of the lake is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an amazing, stunning place, and your photographs, my dearest Margaret, always add charm to charm, I'm so grateful to you for this !

    Hope you're having a wonderful day, I'm sending blessings on your weekend ahead,
    with love and gentle hugs

    Dany

    ReplyDelete