Monday 18 April 2016

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY and THROUGH MY LENS

It is time again for SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY and THROUGH MY LENS and the word prompts this week are Outside, Collection, Tiny, Hair and Hungry. Most of the photographs were taken when I visited my sister in law, Phyllis, a few days ago and as she has many 'things' in her home, it made my task easy.


Any OUTSIDE image this week was very difficult  as it seemed to rain every day but when I saw the sun out of Saturday in my back garden, Hey Presto! When coming home from church yesterday, I watched these dingies (below) racing and thought you might like to see them also.




  • I photographed Phyllis' mug COLLECTION 
    which she has accumulated over many years.


  • I thought I would also show you her thimble COLLECTION.



  • She had another cabinet of marvellous silver small trinkets however I choose to show you this one TINY thimble as it had a wonderful story attached to it.  This was given to Phyllis by a friend many years ago, who's husband was equerry to the Queen.  When her friend was 40 years married, the Queen gave them this beautiful thimble.



  • I would not resist showing you these two TINY Teddy Bears 
  • sleeping in this shell.



Now who wouldn’t love to have 
bright blue eyes and wonderful red HAIR like my grand daughter!



Finally, once again I found my shot at Phyllis' home.  She bought this painting in Sorrento many years ago.   The man is HUNGRY and begging in the street.  The artist told her that he used him in quite a number of his paintings as he was such a character.

I hope you enjoyed my take on this week's word prompts.

Many thanks for your visit and also to all who leave comments.

18 comments:

  1. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed your take on the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Margaret, and Phyllis for the great photos for the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sail boats and my little Emma has beautiful reddish hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable granddaughter!! lots of aspects in your post, so many interesting things in collection! Have a nice day of Monday and a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice selection of images Margaret - enjoyed the thimble and mug collection :) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Margaret, your garden is beautiful. Those dingies remind me the sailing classes here in Annapolis, MD. Your granddaughter is pretty, she has a lovely smile. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret
    You always are showing a lot of great pictures.
    Your granddaughter is so joyful and has beautiful blue eyes.
    Wow! Fantastic collection of thimbles and cups.
    The image also I like it.
    Have a nice week.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your grand daghter is truly a gem, I so love her precious smile and your sister-in-law collections are all so very invaluable, this post of yours truly enchanted me, my darling Margaret, I'm so grateful to you for sharing it with us !
    Always so delighted to be here and in the hope that your week is off to a great start, I wish you joyous days to come,
    sending blessings and love to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most fascinating pictures Those blue eyes and red hair are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pictures, for sure, but the image of your granddaughter is a wonderful portrait she will no doubt treasure in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tulips. What a great treasure your sister's friend gave her. Your granddaughter does have great curls and bright blue eyes. The teddy bears sleeping in the shell are very cute. I can see that man in the painting is a character.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful! Your grandaughter is beautiful!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love them all. I love the thimble collection, the tiny bears, but my favorite is that blue eyed, red haired beautiful child. What a blessing in your life :) Great pictures and choices, Margaret :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Margaret,
    Great shots. Your grand daughter's hair is beautiful. Love the thimbles. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden looks so pretty and I did love seeing the boats. What a gorgeous photo of your granddaughter. My nieces also have red hair and blue eyes, although one is lacking a lot in the hair department at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your granddaughter is a beauty! My SIL said red hair and blue eyes is the rarest color combination. She is special in so many ways. Great mug collection. I use to collect thimbles, but haven't purchased any in a long time. They are still a joy to look at. Your friend has some really pretty ones. Along the royalty line, I have a Princess Diana thimble.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the thimble collection. Your granddaughter is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete