Tuesday 12 October 2021

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

This week these photographs were taken on a day recently when 2 of my birders and I visited my old caravan to get the grass cut and then bird watched round the Dundrum and Castlewellan areas of Country Down. This  first shot is when we were just leaving the caravan and you will see a Little Egret in flight and the second shot shows you how far away it actually was when I shot it.  Then in another area we “just about” saw this bird.  Can you see it in the first of the two shots?  It is a Curfew but well disguised in its surroundings.

I am linking to WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY







 I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

8 comments:

  1. Your caravan is in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did find the Curlew! Wow, this BEAK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed him the first time, but then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Great photos, I like the Curlew. I wish I could see them here.
    Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful place, that egret was quite a distance and the Curlew has quite a good disguise in this habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos around the bay, and the Curlew photo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how well those birds blend in.

    ReplyDelete