Friday 1 October 2021

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is N and Nuts.  I am continuing my series of Classic cars however first I will show  Pecan NUTS, WalNUTS, Brazil NUTS and Almond NUTS that I bought recently.  


 

Now if you are interested in buying one of these classic cars, the rare Land Rover from NINTEEN 68 requires NO, tax and NO MOT and will cost you thirteen thousand, NINE hundred and NINETY NINE pounds and has  two "N'S" in the  number plate.   The Alvis was manufactured in NINETEEN forty NINE and its engine is eighteen NINETY two cc's.  The last shot is of a french fire truck giving me a REFLECTION shot in this car below.




I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.


13 comments:

  1. Seems pretty cheap for a really clean 50 + year old Land Rover. I saw an MGB there. I had a 61 Triumph TR3 back in the day... Looks like a bunch of interesting cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Older cars have a lot more charm than newer models I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your car show photos. The Land Rover seems a bit pricy. Perhaps the owners are not that eager to sell. The Alvis TA14 is a truly beautiful automobile. They are stylish and rare, and always have been. The car with the reflection stumped me for a while, but I realize it is a 1960 Vauxhall Cresta, also stylish but the Alvis is still my favorite. Keep the car show photos coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classics never go out of style.

    Like you and I.

    (Gini and I are SO glad you found us again!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My doctor's colonoscopy results forbid me to eat nuts as I have diverticulosis. I am not familiar with the Alvis brand. I like going to car shows, I have two Ford Mustangs, a 1974 Mustang II Ghia and a 1998 Mustang GT Convertible.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some nice birds you caught here. Great cars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Margaret you have a huge collection of "N"s! But what is NO Mot. NEAT cars. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom MOT stands for Ministry of Transport. They originally created the test as a means to determine if cars were safe to stay on the roads.
      When a vehicle is over three years old*, it legally needs to undergo an MOT test every year and hold a valid MOT certificate – granted to you when it passes.

      Delete
  8. Hi Margaret,
    Pecans are my favorite nut. I'm not supposed to eat them, but I do sneak a few, once in a while. I have a cousin that lives near a pecan farm in Arizona, she sends some to me, now and then. Have a good week!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of the variety of nuts, pecans are my favorite. Nice old cars. Love the flowers tucked around on the Alvis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun it would be to own a vintage car. Have to have the money to keep it running, though, that's the trick.

    ReplyDelete