Friday 2 March 2018

THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

It is time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and today I am looking at the letter I and Inside and I am going to take you INSIDE the National Trust Property at Mount Stewart, near Newtownards. Below, INSIDE this glass case is the INDIAN satin embroidered gown which was worn by Lady Edith at the Coronation of George VI.  







Lady Rose and her husband who still live at Mount Stewart, but when they are away for a period, they allow their drawing room to be open to the public and so today we have the privilege of seeing INSIDE that lovely room.




There are several pieces of beautiful cabinets housing china INSIDE them and this particular one has lovely INLAID woodwork.


These are huge IRISH Elk antlers




I know this is not a good shot 
however I wanted to show you this 1894 INKWELL.



The four small cabinets below hold gifts which they would have collected over the years, some are snuff boxes, and others are miniatures and medals.







This is a shot with me INSIDE looking out at part of the garden.


These are the bells where the servants will see who was INDICATING they needed attention.  Note the Maid’s and Principle room’s INDICATORS boards.



We have gone upstairs now to bedrooms that have been wonderful restored and open to the public for the first time ever this winter however I will show you those another day.  However today, I set you a challenge to see if you can find something in these next few images that is INVISIBLE!
(answer is at the end of this post)







We have gone out to the gardens now however they are some places we are not permitted to go during the winter and that is INSIDE these gates to the formal garden.


However I was able to get my camera through the gate and some of the plants were INSIDE with protective covering round them.


This is my REFLECTION image taken from around the lake and the last shot is of  ILEX berries.


I wonder did anyone guess what the INVISIBLE thing was?

It was a flush toilet and housed in the piece of furniture that looks like 4 drawers.  If you look closely you will see the handle on the wall to flush the toilet.  Now isn't that neat!

Many thanks for visiting and also for leaving comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment