Tuesday 6 March 2018

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY - Mount Stewart (Part 1 of this story)

As I was walking round the lake at the National Trust Property at Mount Stewart, near Newtownards an interesting story about these swans was unfolding before my eyes and the second half of the story I will post this coming Saturday.  Firstly, I saw one (of the 2 cygnets) born last year and then both parents came flying and swimming furiously after it to chase it away.
I can fully understand that this is what always happens and that cygnets need to find their own territory however what happened next surprised me!







I am linking this post to WILD BIRD WEDNESADAY.

Make sure you look in on Saturday to hear and see the end of the story

Many thanks for your visit and also your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Swans always take my breath away - no matter how their acting, lol. Looking forward to the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely swans! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete