Saturday 10 March 2018

SATURDAY CRITTTERS - Mount Stewart Lake (Part 2)

You need to read what happened on Tuesday’s post to understand this post fully.  Further round the lake I came across a seat by the  water’s edge and there was the evicted Swan.   She sat preening herself and I sat watching and talking to her in the beautiful and dare I say warm sunlight!  After an hour I looked across the lake and  saw the Swan parents with the other cygnet all quite happily getting on with one another.  I could not understand why the parents would have rejected one cygnet over the other one.










After an hour I looked across the lake and  saw the Swan parents with the other cygnet all quite happily getting on with one another.  I could not understand why the parents would have rejected one cygnet over the other one.  


Suddenly my Swan, (Yes by then we were on first term names) looked at me and was saying, oops1  I am in trouble again,  I looked up and sure enough, the 2 parents were heading straight for us and they meant business!  My Swan decided, enough was enough! and beat a hasty retreat. 









 She was very clever as she stood behind my seat which shielded her from her parents.  Them they gave up, she did a bit ore preening, all three of them did some feeding and then the three made their way to the other side of the lake and my swan waddled off up the path.  








I was visiting Mount Stewart a few days later and although the parents and cygnet were still there, there was no sign of my swan so i hope she has found a nice new territory of her own.

i am linking this post with SATURDAY CRITTERS.

Many thanks for your visit and comments.

14 comments:

  1. The enforced dismissal always seems sad when it happens-- but I guess it's part of growing up... or at least it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How odd. And sad.
    And yes, I do hope she has found a safe and welcoming home of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, maybe the young swan was given a time out. I hope all is well with the swan family. Great series of photos. Thank you so much for linking up your post. I appreciate your comment and visit too. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! It's always lovely to see swans. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad. The swans sure are beautiful creatures. Lovely series of shots. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your swan and this post, M

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...lovely 'F'loating 'F'eathered 'F'riends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ways of the wild are not the same as the ways of humans...and I'm so glad that a human (you) was there to capture this event, and I did enjoy going back to see the beginning on your prior blog. Swans are sure beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor little swan! It's just nature's way of course, but sad. All of them are so beautiful! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope she survives without the nurturing. Often, a mother will reject her baby if it is not perfect in some way. So maybe she has a small flaw?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you think they sent her out to look for a boyfriend and start a mother duck's life? For sure she didn't look very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The strange ways of nature that we do not understand.I do hope your swan found some new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such grace and poise! Superb snaps, Margaret!
    Have a Happy WE!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete