Tuesday 16 August 2022

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

I hope Stewart or other bloggers do not mind because today these birds are not wild birds but keep in a collection belonging to the Wildfowl and Wetland Trust (WWT) at Castle Espie, near my old caravan.  The founder of this wonderful organisation was Sir Walter Scott and here we have a superb statue in his honour.

I am linking to WILD BIRDWEDNESDAY





These birds below are Red breasted goose, a teenage Eider,  Red Created Pochard,  Red Shoveler, Chiloe Wigeon, Puna duck and  the White -headed duck. 








Then I visited the duckery where I saw young  Bufflehead ducklings  as well as Eider and Barrow's Goldeneye.



 

  I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

7 comments:

  1. Just because they aren't wild doesn't make them any less beautiful. I have never seen baby Buffleheads. And WOW, a duck with a blue bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine, and sadly needed organisation, and beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fine collection! Shovelers always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    The trust sounds like a wonderful organization. The statue is wonderful. I love all the ducks and ducklings, great photos. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are interesting photos. It certainly is easier to get pictures of ducks like this than the totally wild ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They aren't pets, even if they are living in a rather protected area. They're certainly beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete