Wednesday 30 December 2020

Blood Red Moon

This photograph was taken by my birding friend Danny and this is what he says about it.  I call it "the Sunset of the Earth". For those of you interested this is the ultimate sunset- a total lunar eclipse. Sunlight is refracted by the earth's atmosphere and the blue component is scattered away by the air molecules and small dust particles more than the orange and red light. The result - during totality we get the "Blood Red Moon" - a truly amazing sight...

The same effect causes the red sky at night or morning.


Thank you Danny for sharing this super photo with us. 

I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

6 comments:

  1. Spectacular - and good photographs of the moon are something I find very difficult to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    It is a beautiful color, gorgeous moon photo! Take care, enjoy your day! I wish you all the best in 2021, a very healthy and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture of the moon. Best wishes for a safe and enjoyable new year!

    ReplyDelete