Friday 4 December 2020

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is W and Window.

 St Marks church’s stain glass WINDOW in Belfast is best known in popular culture for its connection to C. S. Lewis (1898–1963), whose grandfather, Thomas Hamilton was the first rector of the parish. Lewis was baptised in the church by him on 29 January 1899 as an infant. It is popularly believed that the character Aslan, from The Chronicles of Narnia, was based on the door handle of a lion (the Lion of Saint Mark) on the front door of the rectory.  A replica is now installed in its place.

Lewis and his brother WARREN (1895–1973) donated a WINDOW to the church in memory of their parents in 1935


 

The following images were taken in Bangor and you can see this boat is called 
WYN and has a REFLECTION, followed by the WEE shop and the next shot I had meant to put on my post to illustrate "T" however I am using it here to show you 2 WOMEN having tea below a set of WHEELS and my final shot is of the WATERFALL in Crawfordsburn Countyside Park.

WHY



I left the links above in the information about St Marks Church incase you wish to know more about it.

I hope you enjoyed this post today. 

I appreciate your visit and comments.

15 comments:

  1. The windows are gorgeous! So interesting about the C.S. Lewis connection! But my favorite is this stunning waterfall photo, truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty and intricacy of the stained glass blows me away.
    Just what does the wee shop sell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been in it and at present it is closed (lockdown) but I think it is confectionary Sue.

      Delete
  3. A varied and delightful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    My favorites are the stained glass window and the pretty waterfalls. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stained glass and the backstory between CS Lewis and the church. I also love the signs, and am quizzical about the jolly roger flag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely windows in this church. The C.S. Lewis connection is interesting. What great signs, especially the Wee Shop. The bicycle is always good for a coffee shop sign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those windows are sooo pretty. Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters are my favorites by C.S. Lewis. Margaret, all your pictures are all very nice, since I like old bicycles this one will my favotite of yours today.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those windows are sooo pretty. Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters are my favorites by C.S. Lewis. Margaret, all your pictures are all very nice, since I like old bicycles this one will my favotite of yours today.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stained glass windows. Thanks for your greeting and comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...Margaret, you have some interesting history to accompany those beautiful WINDOWS! Thanks for stoppiing by, tale care and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice "W" post. Beautiful stained glass windows. I also, posted my window photo from a church. Have a good week, Margaret.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. How i do love to sit in chapels and churches with stained glass or statues. So restful and quiet, good for prayer times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice reflection! The stained glass is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete