Friday 14 August 2020

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is G and GREEN and this time I am showing the GLASS structure of the Palm House at the Belfast Botanic Gardens. and is surrounded by GREEN foliage  The building was designed by Sir Charles Lanyon, who also helped design parts of nearby Queen's University. The foundation stone was laid in 1839 and the two wings were completed in 1840 by leading ironmaster, Richard Turner. The dome was added in 1852.





Above is an image I took on one of my walks and both the leaves and flowers are GREEN but the flowers will turn yellow as it is a Laburnum tree.  Below this images was taken at Portavoe Reservoir and shows a lot of GREEN from the trees and plants giving me a beautiful REFLECTION photograph to end this post.


I hope you enjoyed this post today.
I appreciate your visit and comments

14 comments:

  1. That palm house is truly impressive and, as always, I really like your reflection photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. I'm reminded of one in San Francisco, but this one is certainly older and truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite an amazing building Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    The Palm House is beautiful! Pretty tree and reflection scene! Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is quite the structure.Of course I love the reflections as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, the first and last are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watched a true story series filmed by ITV in Northern Ireland, The Secret. It was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to have a botanic garden with all that glass on the roof - so much light that many beautiful flowering plants can grow all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, glass. Didn't think of that one. You sure found some beautiful glass buildings. Love the green shot and the last one sure looks like glass. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty building, especially surrounded by the green!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the dome on your Palm House. The Reflection is my favorite eith the Greens showing sooo Good on the Portavoe Reservoir water.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite this week would be the reflections of those green trees in the pond. It's lovely. I hope you have a nice week, Margaret.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the laburnum. So green!

    ReplyDelete