Friday 7 August 2020

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUND UP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup  and the letter is F and Full. The 1st 3 photographs were taken on the Isle of Wight when 2 FAST catarmarans FLOATED by with FULL sails, the FOREMOST sail is called a jib. Then the Wightlink FERRY passed and also a speedboat on FULL throttle with a water skier FOLLOWING behind.




The remaining  images are taken at Portavoe Reservoir and this is Mute Swan with a lovely REFLECTION. In Northern Ireland this is our heaviest bird to FLY and it is FULL of FEATHERS but I wonder do you know how many?  You can have a guess and then FIND the answer at the FINISH of this post. 



At Portavoe Reservoir the FOREST is FULL of FINE FIR trees and you came see one has FALLEN.  Plenty of FERNS unFLURLING and there is a seat donated by the FREINDS of Portavoe. 





One mornig I FOUND a few plants  with FROST on them and also some pretty FLOWERS at the FOOT of this tree.(Primroses)


I wonder how many FEATHERS you thought the swan had?  Well I can tell you it is 25,000!
I hope you enjoyed this post today.
I appreciate your visit and comments.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful - and I wonder who it was who counted the swans feathers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-- that is some kinda ferryboat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DIdn't guess that feather number correctly.
    Frost already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Love the swan and all the boats. Looks like you found a great spot to sit, enjoy nature! Take care, have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. My favorite is the first one; the two sailboats. They each kind of mirror each other, this pic needs framed and shown off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely swan reflection photo. Also you sailboat photos make me wish I would off sailing somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, your forest picture is sooo good and your swan is regal as usual.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures. i especially like the sailboats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty places and critters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guessed 10,000 feathers. :) Love the ships and catamarans. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice "F" pictures, all of them. The sailboats are lovely. My favorite this week is the swan, they are just beautiful. Have a great week, Margaret.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots! I love the swan reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished a book where they sailed a lot and I had no idea what the jib was.

    Those ferns, we call them fiddleheads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to be on one of those catamarans on a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete