Tuesday 18 October 2016

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

I know these shots have no colour but I left my old caravan very early on a dull morning and I rather see a Curlew or Greenshank in this area so I was pleased to see them.  You will see more of the Curlew feeding in the shore in the video at the end of this post.  




                                                  Pied Wagtail.


Greenshank


If the video does not appear below, CLICK HERE



I am linking with WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY.

Many thanks for your visit and all your comments.

13 comments:

  1. Nice captures for a dreary morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even in monochrome they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shot of the little wagtail. Amazing how deeply the curlew forages with that long bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The curlew feeding is my favorite here. You can hear all kinds of birdsong in the background. And for a bird, he moves a bit lumbering! So interesting! The Wagtail is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very special to see a curlew, Margaret & to capture the wagtail too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's exactly the same seaweedy margins I snapped one in Scotland last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing waders and who doesn't like a wagtail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful birds. Like Findlay says.... who doesn't like a wagtail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never mind about the colour Margaret. I bet the sounds of their calling was good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I ever saw a greenshank while living in the UK. Haven't seen one here either :-(
    Nice bid shots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love curlew - I was so pleased to see some when I was in Scotland earlier in the year.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete