Wednesday 25 November 2015

Lifupa Conservation Lodge (Part 6)

One evening we hired a guide to come with us to Black Rock which is a large inselberg, in Kasungu National Park.  An inselberg is an isolated hill or mountain rising abruptly from a plain. ( I have lightened all photographs)


  Climbing Black Rock was not easy for me as it was very step and there was no footholes or anything to hold on to.  However my grandchildren were wonderful with their encouragement and pulling me up at times.  They said we all had to get to the top as a family.  Of course I also was carrying my camera and binoculars and the sun was sinking fast!


My grandshildren were like mountain goats and didnt even have shoes on their feet.  WOW!  What a view where I did reach the top.  It was worthwhile although I did wonder how I was getting down again!  What I did not know until later, was that the vegetation around the inselberg is very dense and Leopard and Lion footprints had been seen in the vicinity of the rock recently! 


Daniel was the first to the top (above) and Annika second (below).  



                                        This was our lovely guide.



The whole family made it to the top.



The fading sun was spectacular. 
I had never seen such a pink sun.




This tree was at the top of the rock and did not appear to be rooted in much at all and of course just had to be climbed by Jon, Daniel and Annika.


Now doesn’t Jon just look like a leopard laying there!!!  


Now I have a short video and if it does not appear below CLICK HERE.



I hope you enjoyed this post and I thank you for your visit.

Many thanks for leaving comments on this post.  I appreciate every single one.

23 comments:

  1. How amazing. I love that it was a family adventure - and the pink sun is incredible. What causes it, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful view especially with the red sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a neat place. love the family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those landscapes are like out of a dream. The glowing sun as well. I'm really enjoying these posts from Malawi!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que maravilha gostei de ver.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a lovely place! Wishing you a grand day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds a great adventure - lovely photos and glorious views :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Margaret, your family photos are lovely. Beautiful sky shots. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done , Margeret the views were worth it! I can't believe the children made it up in bare feet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd say the difficult climb was worth that amazing view! And very special to do it with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun, and a lovely family adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am certain I would have had difficulty walking up that steep trail Margaret, but my goodness what an incredible view. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Margaret
    I envy you stay in Africa.
    You have a wonderful, unforgettable experience.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun trip! I love the pic of Daniel and Annika on the rock.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. That must have been a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The views from the top are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my goodness. What a magnificent view. It is an amazing place. You have lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such interesting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The pink sun and the other views are spectacular, Margaret.
    I see the bare-footed ones and the ones with shoes on had a great time.
    Have a Great Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful images. Love the group of ginger heads in that one photo!

    ReplyDelete