Monday 24 November 2014

Sunset over Strangford Lough

Yesterday I visited Mount Stewart Gardens near Newtownards which I  will show you on Thursday and Friday of this week however as I was leaving the gardens these are the shots I took as I travelled down this coast.  I know you cannot see any birds however I would like you to know there were thousands of Pale bellied Brent geese.  The tide was going out and I also saw, hundred of Ringed Plover, Dunlin, Curlew, Lapwing, Redshank, Oystercatcher, with Pintail and Mallard ducks, all madly feeding.  Of course there were the usual gulls.   No more words are needed, just enjoy. 











I do hope you enjoyed this post however if you are interested in seeing and learning more about the Brent Geese  CLICK HERE and then CLICK HERE.

 I thank you for visiting.  Many thanks also for leaving any comments.  I appreciate every single one.

25 comments:

  1. It's good to see the sun even if it is setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful setting of the sun, excellent photos Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous sunset photos Margaret, they give one a sense of great peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful series of sunset captures, Margaret. Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous sunsets Margaret, no words needed just a blissful sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sunset photos Margaret :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. really like that first shot with the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sunset photos, i have put the video back in yesterdays post if you still wish to see it.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing sunsets with beautiful colours Margaret. We don't seem to have had any really good ones lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, SO beautiful! I am all about sunsets! I also love the trees. Are they naturally curved, or was there wind? Four, one, and next to last are my favs! I see you saying good-bye through the rear view, too bad to leave...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning sunsets...just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful,beautiful images. The calm and peacefulness is very evident here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. An amazing sunset! A place I would like to be now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors are beautiful! You have a keen eye. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! The views you gave us are gorgeous, and you took some stunning photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How glorious! What a wonderful experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The sunsets are lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous sunset. Particularly like that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such stunning colors and lighting in your sunset shots and this looks to be such a beautiful place. Like your reflection too!

    ReplyDelete