Friday 14 November 2014

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - BELFAST BUILDINGS

 These shots were taken one day I was walking through Belfast.  I was standing at traffic lights waiting for the green light to cross when I spied this reflection of the Albert Memorial Clock in this large window.  What surprised me was that the Albert Clock stood opposite the NEXT set of traffic lights.  You can just see that set of lights at the bottom right of this shot after the silver car.  



The sandstone clock was constructed between 1865 and 1869 in a memorial to Queen Victoria's late Prince Consort, Prince Albert.  CLICK HERE for more information.


 I waited until the lights changed again and then stood in the middle of the road to get this shot.  I am sure people in cars waiting at the lights wondered what I was doing!!


I moved along a bit and got this shot in the same window.


I thought you might like to see some of the beautiful architecture in our buildings even though the reflections were not great!



Two posh hotels.



Then I liked seeing this lovely car’s reflection in this window.


Finally I stood for ages trying to work out what was inside the shop window and what the window was reflecting.  I could not get the shot without the ‘selfie’.


I hope you enjoyed this post.
  
I am linking this post with WEEKEND REFLECTIONS 

Thanks you for visiting and also to all those who kindly leave comments here or on Google plus or Facebook.

31 comments:

  1. I have always liked Belfast as a city. It is small enough to appreciate whilst having some beautiful buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Adrian it has improve greatly since the troubles ended and one of the things I like about it is the centre is not too big so you can walk and see a lot in a short space of time. Many thanks for your comment. Weather her is awful but they promise sun this afternoon and less wind. I am not holding my breath on that one. Some people's homes were flooded yesterday with so much rain Have a great weekend and hope you weather enables you to get out and about

      Delete
  2. Great shots Margaret - what a beautiful city it is. I'd love to visit some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Em Often when you are living near it one does not always appreciate what beauty is around you. you would be very welcome should you ever decide to come over here, Thanks for comment Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hi Margaret, the 'new' glass clad buildings are no match for those older ones. The clock is a real beauty...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Trevor I quite agree however for this exercise I needed the modern glass building to create the reflection of the older buildings. Thanks for your comment and have a lovely weekend

      Delete
  4. Really great architecture. You managed to capture some great reflections too.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  5. impressive old architecture, loved the reflections and liked seeing you in the last shot intended or not...

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful reflections. love that clock tower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belfast is a beautiful city and I love those reflections you've captured Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good reflections there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice reflections in the building's exterior.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are all gorgeous Margaret, it looks like a beautiful city!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your post very much. Fine reflection shots and I liked seeing the building styles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous reflections ..some of them are nicely wonky!!
    Beautiful city...love the clock tower!
    Great interplay of the old and new...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of great reflections and such beautiful buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great buildings, reflections and pictures. I always like fine architecture. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful reflections! Great architecture!
    Have a nice weekend ,dear Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are very interesting shots. I often wonder what people think of me when I'm trying to get a shot,but I do think they are the ones that miss out,by not slowing down and enjoying the scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The reflections ARE great, they are wonderful!! Especially three and four. The clock is quite imposing, too. The hotel buildings are fabulous and the shots are beautiful, especially seven and eight.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is amazing what we can see when we open our eyes (and heart) isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, excellent! With me, when I travel I find much more material to photograph:) Looks like you had a grand time in Belfast!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Don't know if my comment got through ...
    Excellent reflections! Looks like you had a great time in Belfast:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, I have to admit, I had a good laugh about "frying your clothes" and mentioned it to hubby:) But I made some typos before too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Belfast has some beautiful buildings, and I really like the clock. You captured some great reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, fabulous looking buildings, love the architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the reflections you spotted that day are terrific, dear. I specially enjoy the one of the Albert memorial tower clock, I think itis a very unique view of the monument. Thanks for this inspired sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Margaret,
    All the photos of reflections are lovely.
    The clock tower is my favorite, if I may please pick one.

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favorite reflection is the clock! And oh my, the clock is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love seeing the old reflected in the new! So like life

    ReplyDelete