Tuesday 26 March 2013

Birding by train via Chichester to Gatwick Airport

While going through the countryside at great speed, it is not easy seeing all the birds however I am always up for the challenge.  I saw many of the usual birds, such as Carrion Crow, Rook, Jackdaw, Magpie, Blackbird, Great Tit, Marsh Harrier, Pheasant, Mute and Whooper Swan, Coot, Moorhen,  Grey Heron, Canada Geese, Mallard, Tufted Duck, Black-headed Gull, Herring Gull and a flock of Starlings.  I also spotted 4 lovely Deer in the middle of a field.
So, from when I left Northern Ireland 9 days ago, other than seeing the 1000 Brent Geese, the most numerous bird species I saw was Wood Pigeon and the most common species that I never saw either on the Isle of Wight or on the Mainland was the Collared Dove.  So the total bird species I saw over over that period was 56.    That is not too bad for a non birding trip, it was just a question of keeping my eyes open to see what birds were around.

No comments:

Post a Comment