Monday 18 March 2013

Quarr Abbey

One of my jobs on the I.O.W. is to walk my daughters dog, Charlie.  Yesterday, we walked to Quarr Abbey, Ryde where the St Benedictine Monks live and work.
Quarr Abbey is in the country so as I walked I heard and saw a lot of the small birds overhead in the trees and dashing from one place to another.
Quarr Abbey

The Monks have an orchard and grow a lot of vegetables and farm sheep and pigs.  This sow had 11 piglets.
This was the first time this year I have been able to photograph primroses in the wild.  What a wonderful sight on a very damp and dull day.
Wild PrimroseT
The path took me down to overlooking the sea where I saw 20 Dark-bellied Brent Geese.  I saw numerous Carrion Crows feeding in fields and 2 Buzzards flew overhead.
Carrion Crow
We stopped for a short break at the coffee shop.  Next time I will go and see the Art Gallery and explore some more of the wonderful paths.

1 comment: