Wednesday 22 August 2018

Portumna Castle Gardens (Part 2 )

On MONDAY I showed you Portumna Castle but today come with me  as I walk round the beautiful gardens.  Next Monday I will show you my last post on this interesting castle.

The imposing façade of the castle faces north and is approached by a long avenue and formal gardens. The dramatic approach has three formal enclosures which contain geometric and regular plantings, an old shrub rose garden and a walled kitchen garden, all combining to re-create a sense of the original 17th century setting. Now sit back relax and enjoy the beauty.
















Remember to pop in next Monday to see the final post regarding this castle.

I hope you enjoyed walking round the gardens with me and many thanks for comment you leave.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! All is so even and precise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My personal taste leans towards cottage rather than formal gardens, but I would love to wander through these. Thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gardens are beautiful - you can't beat a walled garden :) Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, lovely tour of the castle property and gardens. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those gardens are beautiful and so well kept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful place! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete