Tuesday 11 May 2021

Mount Stewart Male Mute Swan in Flight

My Birders and I went to visit the National Property of Mount Stewart recently and walked round the lake.  The male Mute Swan was on the other side of the lake however when it saw us, it immediately made a bee line directly over to where we were standing and it looked like it was going to plough right into us however it put its under carriage down, applied its brakes and the last shot shows it landing at our feet.

I am linking to WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY.









 Next Tuesday I will show you  the female Mute Swan we found on her nest on the other side of the lake. 

I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments

10 comments:

  1. No doubt looking for a handout! Fantastic pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Margaret. Hope you are staying safe and keeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very dramatic photos! I bet this made your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That swan has to work hard to take off from the water. He is a big bird. Great photo series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is a great series of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rotten blogger flatly refused to allow me to comment here last night. I hope it has relented this morning.
    Stunning series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful swan, great flight shots.
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did he get off the water? You really captured him in action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic series of photos!

    ReplyDelete