Friday 7 May 2021

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is S and  Short.  Yippee!  Our haridressers are now open again and this is now my very SHORT hair.  Following that is a wonderful SPOTTED STARLING, a House SPARROW, a SHELL wreath on a SHINY door.  Finally I am trying my had at  street photography this week.  You need to understand on my early morning walks it is very quiet and there are not many people at all about or even cars as often i can walk SAFELY walk in the middle of the road (read below)






This is a  SINGLE person SITTING on one SIDE of this SEAT.  He looks very STUDIOUS with his SPECTAGALS on, SCARF round his neck, STURDY looking SHOES, with his STICK by his SIDE  for SUPPORT when walking and wearing SHADED jeans. Because it was SUCH a SUNNY day, it left SHADOWS  on the ground. After I took this SHOT, this kindly older gentleman, looked up and gave me a wonderful SMILE which made me feel SO SPECIAL.

Who knew you could  find so many "S's" from one SINGLE SHOT and it is certainly not a SHORT description of the image but I hope you  SINCERALY enjoyed this post and will have a SAFE  and SPECIAL day.

Thank you for popping in today.

13 comments:

  1. Your hair is so pretty! You have managed to make the drab House sparrow so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine looking hair style. Good we can now get our hair cut again after a year of letting it grow. Great shot of the Spotted Starling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very stylish hair cut - and that scholarly gentleman looks very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been cutting my own hair for well over a year--- Not horrible, but it gets pretty unmanageable before I whip out the scissors again. I've done the dentist, need to do the oil change in my truck, and then maybe--- a haircut! Nice pictures, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    Your haircut looks great. I love the shell wreath! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Margaret, you found sooo very many "S" words. Your hairdo looks very nice. Mrs. Jim has a similar cut, color is about the same too.
    The little birds are cute too, it seems we are having more birds than usual this spring. But my pocket camera wasn't made for bird shots. The "older man" photo is a winner. I am glad he smiled.
    Have a nice weekend, I am glad that you are having more freedom. My daughter's family is quarantined this week, Tuesday afternoon because of an eighth grader the whole 8th grade and all the drama students got shut out. Our KP is a sixth grader but is in drama. She has also been selected for the 7th and 8th grade cheerleader squad next year. Mrs. Jim and I help with VBS, Vacation Bible School, so far with 3rd Grade. KP wants to help this year in the class we where we will help. Each class is tried to have no more than 20 children, we had 22 last year, and there were eight classes that large. We have almost 1500 children, grades preschool through fifth. Our Sunday morning services are about 1200 but a lot of neighborhood parents send their children.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. The portrait of this old man is very moving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work. Your hair looks wonderful, from what I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great "S" photos! I especially love your short haircut, Margaret. I've only had one "trim" since covid began early 2020. I need a cut bad! I would love to get up the courage to cut mine this short, it's been many years since I've had really short hair. Yours is so pretty! I stopped coloring my hair during the COVID year, my next cut and it will all be gone. I'm liking it natural, a lot. Have a nice week and Mother's Day, too.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. He looks like he is very much enjoying being out in the sun and reading.

    Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We wear our hair at the same length!!! I am dying to go for a haircut they haven't been open since November. John has cut it several times, but it isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haircut! I like the picture of the man on the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...getting your hair cut SURE has be a challenge. I love the SPOTTED STARLING. The SEA SHELL wreath on a SHINY door is beautiful. Lots of Ss with that gentleman. Thanks Margaret for joining the party, take care.

    ReplyDelete