Friday 22 November 2019

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is U and Uniform.  Most of these first images were taken on the Esplanade at Cairns, Queensland and both these guns came UNDER fire in the first World War and in the first gun UNDER the wheel you can see a shadow of that wheel.






Often I would join my daughter or friends at this restaurant called “Muddy’s”.  Perhaps you can see from this image why it is called this? When the tide goes out, you are left with mud flats which attract birds.  Here I am sitting UNDER the canopy and shade in the restaurant and in front of me, UNDER both tables there is shade from the UNRELENTINGLY heat of the sun.

Below, is a Reef heron with his head UNDER water trying to catch a fish.  This is also my REFLECTION photograph.
Last;y are tow students in school UNIFORM.  The boy on the right is my grandson having recieved a certificate 



Many thanks for your visit and also your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Hello, beautiful scenes and images. Congrats to your grandson. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your grandson; he looks like you. It is a lovely view at Muddy's. But maybe not when it is actually muddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos as always! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine that big gun firing. Wow, folks better have their ear plugs. And thank you for showing the Underwater action of a bird catching its fish.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...those guns were necessary, but now it's nice to see the U mbrellas in their place. The Reef Heron is a new one for me. School U niforms are rare here, but I think that they are a good idea. Thanks Margaret fot sharing, I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your grandson! Very nice photos, especially the mud flats with the heron, i hope he caught his dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret, I came early when there were only two comments but mine isn't here. I loved seeing the heron in the water trying to get hold of s fish.


    ReplyDelete