Friday 15 November 2019

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is T and Two.  The first image is of TWO TERRIFIC people, my SIL Jon and Daughter Judith.  They took me to Yorkie’s Knob and we walked in this TREE lined path to the beach and a restaurant called Hidden.  



There were a few TREMENDOUSLY posh apartments and as you can see this one is REFLECTED in the swimming pool.


Lastly I was thrilled when a good friend Don took my out for the day and as we rounded a corner in the car, we draw to a quick halt to photographed these TWO Cassowaries.  When I get round to editing more images, I will be showing you many more photographs of THESE TERRIFIC birds.


Many thanks for your visit and also your comments.

14 comments:

  1. Those are some cool cassowaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Australia has the most amazing critters---

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fine reflections photo. The Cassowaries look positively pre-historic like a hold over from the age of dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, they are right in the middle of the road!!! Why is this, because I know they are very secretive birds. They usually stay in the forest. Wonder if they ventured out needing food? These apartments are posh alright, very clean and modern looking. I bet the rent costs a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super photos Margaret and love the cute birds in the last one. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, I love your Cassowaries. Nice apartment Reflections but they might be too close to the water edge.
    I will google Yorkie’s Knob, I am glad you could go there.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a contrast from the luxurious apartments to the Cassowaries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...thank you Margaret for taking me to Yorkie’s Knob, I had to go to Wikipedia to learn more about it. What apartments!!! Cassowaries are new critters for me! Thanks Margaret for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Hidden restaurant sounds like a romantic spot.

    How i would enjoy seeing those birds that close up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fabulous weekend, especially with the wild cassowaries!! I could sit in a butterfly house for hours.


    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fine walking path. Love the reflection and those cassowaries are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the reflection and the birds are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those two birds are amazing! I've never heard or seen Cassowaries. I wonder where they are native to? I will have to look them up in my birding encyclopedia. Thanks for sharing those here. Have a great week, Margaret!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete