Monday 24 October 2016

THROUGH MY LENS

I have been quite tired recently and on Friday wondered what I was going to publish next Monday.  I would have to make it in advance as from now until then I will be very busy and then I thought I knew what to post.  My older brother and his wife in September had just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary and I would show you the wonderful cake.  So here it is.


I was only 8 years old when Bryan and Phyllis got married but spent a lot of my teenage years with them and although that celebration was just close family, last Saturday we had a bigger event when my younger brother’s son got married.  


On Sunday I have to travel to Dublin and if anyone is interested I was be part of a small congregation in the studios of RTE when a live ‘Sunday Service’ will be broadcast from.  You can get it on RTE IPlayer and it will be available there for the following 3 weeks.

I am sorry recently, due to tiredness I have not managed to comment on as many bloggers posts so hopefully you will bare with me as I do try to post daily for my regular followers.

I am linking this post with THROUGH MY LENS.

Many thanks for visiting and also to all who leave comments.

19 comments:

  1. That is a truly beautiful cake - and a couple to match.
    Tiredness can be very debilitating. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cake - looks too good to eat! Belated best wishes to the happy couple.

    Hope you feel a little better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and a fine couple. Take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an outstanding cake to celebrate an outstanding couple. God bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your brother and his wife! What a lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I am concerned about you! Many years ago I had a debilitating bout of exhaustion so bad that I could not even get out of bed. Turned out that my thyroid was under active. One little pill in the morning and I have my energy back. It is only a blood test to check it out. The cake is amazing! At first I thought it was real flowers! They are a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny Thank you or your concern. I am having my bloods checked on Thursday but I am not always tired, nor are myy les sore so I am try presenting to be mmore sensible and do less but for a busy person that is difficult but that is why I am not spending as much time commenting at present.

      Delete
  7. I hope you will be feeling much better soon Margaret.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing cake and congratulations to your brother and his beautiful wife on their 65 years! Such an inspiration! Hope you can get to the bottom of your tiredness and feel better soon. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! Congratulations to Bryan and Phyllis on their 65th wedding anniversary. Such a splendid photo of them, love their smiles and that cake is one of the prettiest I have ever seen. And wishing you a lovely week Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of work in the cake and making it to 65 years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow---- Laura and I just passed 35 years. Maybe we'll lasts another 30. Let's see... I'd be 103. Peace of cake. Speaking of cake-- that certainly is a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful cake Margaret for a wonderful occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful cake! I send my congratulations and also hope that you feel better soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely! I wish them many more wonderful years. Congratulations to the lovely couple.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you have had a great time at this celebration. I have to say that this is about the most amazing cake I have ever seen. Hope you are getting some much needed rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sixty-five years is quite an accomplishment these days. Congratulations to your brother and his bride. The cake is lovely!

    ReplyDelete