Monday 20 June 2016

THROUGH MY LENS - Clandeboye Estate (Part 9)

If you have been following my posts last week on this series I photographed while I was visiting Clandeboye Estate, you will realise that it was the perfect sunny day for this garden to be open to the public. Many families had brought picnics while others opted for buying lunch in the Courtyard area while the children enjoyed the jumping on the bouncy castle. 



I went up these steps and found this slightly elevated grassed area with all the Tombs of the family resting there.




Last week I showed you a few images from Chapel Walk, Bee and Bear Gardens as well as the Arboretum and Pinetum however today some of these images are from Sheridan and Brenda’s Gardens.

















There were thousands of people there that day and that probably for me was the biggest challenge in trying to get the shots without anyone in them. However as the child below was not facing me I thought it was a special moment to capture of this family while quietly enjoying a picnic on the estate overlooking the lake.  


I hope you are still with me on this walk. I know I took a lot of images over the 3 hour period that Sunday but it was so beautiful and so much to see.

I am linking with THROUGH MY LENS.

As I had no more images of birds from Clandeboye, tomorrow I will be sharing a few images and video of Swallows in a nest and House Mstartins building a nest at Mount Stewart and then back to Clandeboye Estate for 3 final posts.

Many thanks for visiting and also to all those who leave comments.

18 comments:

  1. Just beautiful.
    Love the stepping stone across the creek. And despite my plans for an eco-funeral that looks like a wonderful spot for family tombs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, and so much variety! My favorites are the stepping stones in the pond and the two pictures after it! Look at those HUGE and beautiful leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful garden to visit and enjoy the natural beauties around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful images, what a memmorable day you had.
    Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was the perfect summers day to see the gardens & I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand why people would flock to this place.It is filled with beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Margaret, beautiful tour of the garden! Lovely collection of images. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the perfect place for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful place to go, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly amazing place. I would be so happy there with my camera. Thank you for linking in with Through my Lens.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks like a heavenly spot, i loved those stepping stones across the body of water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really--- I feel like I've been there. Looking forward to the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love all these amazing places you share with us. You actually make me want to leave the farm; although, I'm sure that would end after about two or three days. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are right, for the season, it is such a wonderful place to visit and appreciate the surrounding areas specially the gardens which shows how lively it is now...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spring looks good in all those places. I like the stone stairway mobbed by grass.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely place. Looks like the perfect garden for a relax.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful garden! I love the rhododendrons and azaleas.

    ReplyDelete