Saturday 25 June 2016

SATURDAY CRITTERS -Mount Stewart Lake

Last week my Art Appreciation class had their summer outing at Mount Stewart House. One of the members, Alan is a guide in the house and he offered to give us a guided tour of the paintings and house.  I did not take  any images as I thought it would distract from his tour.  Then we had a delicious lunch followed by a walk round the lake but first a music video I promised you from yesterday, taken at Clandeboye Estate to listen to while looking at the critters I saw at Mount Stewart. 

CLICK HERE if the video does apear below.





Of course I think  everyone know the above is a UK Robin and then we passed these wooden horses. When we reached the lake we saw Mallard, Azure Dragonflies, Moorhen, Painted Lady Butterfly, a number of species of bees and wasps on the Echium and wildflowers and one of the Swans.  The other one is now on a nest and I am glad to say that it is out on the reeds and no one can see  it now. 














You can hardly see the Mallards sitting on the bank above as they blend in so well with their surroundings especially as they are all moulting.  Below is Alan, who not only gave us a wonderful tour but I discovered he also took great photographs and he was the one to spy the Dragonflies.  


I hope you enjoyed this post from Mount Stewart and thanks for visitng today.

I am linking with SATURDAY CRITTERS.

Tomorrow I am starting another series and this time I am taking you to Great Saltee Island.  Now do not worry the crossing is only 15 mintues in very calm waters.

Many thanks for all the comments you leave.

33 comments:

  1. Your dragonfly, butterfly, and bee pictures are gorgeous and astounding! You really know how to capture the beauty of nature! I also like the wooden horses. I have never seen any that are made like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always amaze me with your busy life.
    Love the dragon flies - and the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful pictures. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful series, so serene. And I love the wooden horse figures.
    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, those dragonflies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos Margaret and I do like the wooden horses :) Great pics of the damselflies - such a stunning blue and nice to see a Painted Lady - haven't seen one yet this year. Have a good weekend.

    Will catch up on your recent posts - but please forgive me for lack of comments - busy catching up after our holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly blue dragon flies! What a lovely capture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Margaret! Beautiful captures of the butterfly and dragonfly. The horse sculptures are wonderful. I also love the cute robin. Awesome post and photos. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely place to visit! We haves lots of robins around and also swans on the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've seen so many amazing things! Love those horse sculptures. And the dragonfly and robin are my favorite critters this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to get the Painted Lady Margaret. Not seen any yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful wooden horses. I have never seen dragonfly like this. Beautiful flowers and little critters. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tour around the grounds so prolific with natures glory. Your dragonfly shot is fantastic!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful lake with lovely birds and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    great music and very very nice pictures, was determined a really nice trip.

    Greetings Eva

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful place and always wonderful photography of nature ~

    Happy Day and Weekend to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely and beautiful photos, Margaret. I like the wooden horses too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for sharing the music video. it was great... that pond is beautiful and the horse sculptures are very nice. so many great captures. hope all is well. have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an exceptionally lovely dragonfly! Thanks for sharing all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OLá
    fantásticas imagens!
    Música linda!
    eu gostei dos cavalos de madeira!
    muito interessante!
    o passeio foi bom!
    Muito bom estar aqui!
    feliz domingo
    Zizi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Uma visita com muito carinho.
    Desejo de coração um abençoado final de semana,
    que a paz esteja no seu coração .
    Saúde para você e sua amada família.
    Beijos ..Evanir.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dearest Margaret; Wow!!! I was SO fascinated by your GORGEOUS critter pictures; Especially the dragonfly lover husband looked really impressed♪
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice shot of the Robin - I miss them in my garden here.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  24. your close-up photos are gorgeous! what a beautiful beautiful place! have a lovely day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hello,Margaret,
    You have shared such gorgeous critters!All are amazing. Especially the blue dragon fly is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hienot puuhevoset olette tehneet.
    Kauniita kesäisiä kuvia!
    Ihana ulkoilupaikka.

    Mukavaa sunnuntaita!

    ReplyDelete
  27. sweet little Robin and I love those wooden horses. So well created :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Margaret, I love the wooden horses I have seen these around particularly at National Trust houses here in England, shame they wouldn't fit in my suitcase! I love your birds and the bees and the rest... post, stunning photos.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well, Margaret, it has been too long since last we visited your blog. No excuses and we shall attempt to do better.

    What a wonderful series of posts you have shared describing your visit to Clandeboye Estate! Fabulous images, essays and even music! We have loved every moment.

    Hopefully, we will soon be back to blogging. In the meantime, we will visit unique locations vicariously through your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really liked the dragonflies and the cool horse sculptures! Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete