Friday 3 June 2016

FRIDAY'S HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Once again it is time to link up with Friday’s Hunt and WeekendReflections.  The word prompts this week are – letter W, Favourite and Rough.

Now I am showing you a Video to illustrate W and ROUGH.  It was a WILD, WET WEDNESDAY WHEN I WENT down to Bangor Seacliffe Road WHERE I took this video of the WONDERFUL ROUGH WAVES.  I think you WILL agree, that the WEATHER WAS WINTRY however it WAS actually the third WEEK in April.   Enough WORDS!  CLICK HERE to WATCH the video if it does not appear below.  There is a boat and Eider ducks having a ROUGH ride in it!



Well did you get sea sick? I  do hope you didn't.  I had a hard time standing upright let alone take this video as the wind was very strong.

Now come with me on a walk I did with a group last Saturday along the Six Mile WATER finishing at Antrim Castle Gardens and found a few more 'W's to show you. We travelled by train to Antrim City and on out WAY through the city I noticed this unusual WINDOW display.  




We reached Rea's WOOD and below are some of our WALKERS



                Along the WAY WE saw many WONDERFUL WILDFLOWERS. 



  WE WALKED along the shores of Lough Neagh and stopped at a beautiful spot to have our picnic and I saw these yachts called 'WHIZZBELLE and WILD Rover'.  



On reaching Antrim Castle Gardens, I spied this WOLFHOUND taking up centre place in one of the gardens.  Hope you can read the above.  




In the Courtyard surrounded by WALLS was this heavily scented Rose and WILLY WAGTAIL was WANDERING about.  



Another garden area was approached by this WIDE entrance gate and below is a different part of another garden WITH WINDING path.  



Just as we were about to head out of these gardens, about 20 bands marched through and one of them WAS from WHITEROCK


As we crossed the railway line to reach the station, WAY, WAY in the distance WAS a WHITE cat and on reaching the  platform I saw a WHEELBARROW.


WHO WOULD ever have thought on a WALK WE WOULD have seen so many WONDERFUL 'W's'.

So now for a more calming image than the rough WAVES WE started with.  We will call this my FAVOURITE and it doubles as a refection shot.  

I attended an open day at Chandeboye Estate, just a few miles from my home last Sunday and this is one of the images.   I was hampered by people which was wonderful for the estate however not so good for photography. The estate is only open twice a year however I am hoping to gain permission to enter at less busy times.  So from the rough WAVES to the beautiful calm lake at the Clandeboye Estate.  


I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for dropping by.

Very many thanks for all who leave comments.

39 comments:

  1. The garden is beautiful, and I love the sad, yet lovely and nostalgic train track shot with the cat beside it. The single rose is beautiful! What a brave wolfhound that was! I have seen them, and they are very big! The yachts are so pretty! I am just glad YOU were not on that boat, as I know you would undertake any adventure for some good pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Margaret we definitely needed our sea legs on for this one, I would not have liked to have been in the small boat - happier when we're on terra firma in the gardens with the birds, brave wolfhound & the marching band!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very, very rough and would have made my tummy quite WOBBLY if I had watched anymore.
    The white cat reminded me of two who have shared our lives...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Margaret. Great series of images. I love the garden shots. I get seasick, so I would not be well on that boat. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely collection of your photos. I especially like the photo of the long railway lines with a white cat and the red signal.It is full of stories.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me a good rowdy, splashy sea! It's fun to sit and watch the waves break. Nice collection of "W" photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Wonderful post for W

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your video and the sound of the surf beating up against the rocks and the barriers. I could stand and watch it all day if I were there, but I assure you I wouldn't go out in a boat in that weather. I would be retching out the window if it were me out there. Love all of your pictures and reflections, Margaret. As for my video's ... nothing happening at the moment. I am so busy with other things and struggling to catch up on the things I need to do, like my gardens. Haven't had much time for my camera at all. Someday, I hope :) Thanks for asking ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I once tried to do an on-camera commercial on a sailboat. I didn't make it out of the harbor. But I still loved the video. And that wonderful picture of the cat by the tracks--- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. rough waves indeed... i don't think i'd enjoy kayaking in those rough waters... what a beautiful bird you photographed and the lake seemed quite peaceful. hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clandeboye is one of my favourite lakes, Margaret. I got permission when I was in college to do a photo shoot of the grounds. I used the photos as source material for my final exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful group of images!! I did not watch the video as I get motion sickness quickly and easily. I knew I would not enjoy it! Happy weekend Margaret!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last picture is certainly my favourite but I did enjoy the video as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WONDERFUL Ws Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly found a lot of W's! I hope the white cat stays off the tracks! Lovely photos,as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am smiling.
    I am seeing a wagtail in two different posts.
    It must have flown very hard and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pictures! I never get seasick, so I like the photos with the boats and the reflection in the water very much.
    Have a great weekend
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely series of photos!
    Greetings from Poland :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, What can I say except Wow? I love that plaque in hounour of Wolfhounds and it tells a Wondrous tale. Have a Whale of a Weekend Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the way you have woven the prompts through your story. Thanks for the tour and have a fabulous weekend. And thank you for stopping by my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Outstanding post! The wolfhound carving and story are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful place you showed us. That video makes me wish I lived near the sea.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The garden is gorgeous and a perfect spot for a walk. I think you covered W very well..I was having trouble with it and had to really go searching, but that's why I like this meme. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW how WONDERFUL!

    I spotted the word Antrim and only now realize you live in Northern Ireland!! I was born in Dublin but grew up in Canada when my parents emigrated many years ago. But I love my roots and often visit Ireland. It is where my soul is.
    I am currently posting photos of all our trips to Ireland over the years on Fridays, at British Isles Friday.

    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A lovely post with some wonderful photos and the story of the Wolfhound is so moving. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a fabulous day! Interesting story about the wolfhound. Very pretty reflection to end the post!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for the lovely outing Margaret. I love the whimsical red dresses too :).

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful plethora of W's Margaret! A magnificent gate, and lovely band, and a great catch of the wild flowers - amazing capture -we have them in our yard, so I know how small and dainty they are! Have a beautiful Sunday and upcoming week:) and thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a selection of photos, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your flowers, all are beautiful, whether wild or cultured. That last photo is wonderful, would love to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  32. My goodness, I wouldn't have wanted to be on that boat. It must have been like a roller coaster ride. And similar for the eider ducks no doubt. Great photos and video. Enjoyed the story of the hound particularly. Thank you Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  33. super vidéo * ... mer agitée et des oiseaux qui naviguent eux aussi comme le bateau...* et beau reflet dans la vitrine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je vous remercie de votre commentaire et je suis heureux que vous avez apprécié de voir la vidéo et aimé la réflexion de la la fenêtre

      Delete
  34. Well, the boat's captain did not seem too flustered as he bobbed and weaved all over the harbor...the seawalls did not seem to clm the water down, and I noticed the life ring at the dock - it doesn't look as if it would be too helpful with these rough seas! Cats do seem so oblivious to the world when they start licking - when the train passes by, would his licking cease? Great post today!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That water does look rough! The walk, however, looks wonderful! Beautiful flowers and I love the cat by the tracks. Thank you so much for linking up to Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow. what stunning pictures and I love the mini movie..I so love the ocean. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like these images. The reflections are very lovely and your walking trip looks so nice.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete