Friday 9 September 2022

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is J and Juice.  All these photographs today were taken when recently I  visited the Ailsa Craig Island, near Scotland.  I have a LOT of photographs to edit  and eventually you will see more but there are 39,000 Gannets nest each year on the island.  The first shot is also my REFLECTION image. The second image is the boat is leaving the  island and those 2 big engines use an enormous amount of JUICE .






 This is a JELLYFISH above I saw in the water as well as seeing a small pod of Porpoise. However below are Dolphins and we stopped the boat in flat calm waters as there must have been between 50- 100 surrounding the boat, both swimming and JUMPING all over the place.  A sight that will live with me forever and I decided to enjoy the spectacle and put my camera down!


  I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

7 comments:

  1. Your reflection shot is stunning. I am so glad that you chose to just enjoy the dophins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are great pictures, Margaret. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Great capture of the Gannets, I love the Dolphins. Looks like a great place to visit. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo of the Gannet in flight. Jelly fish are fascinating to watch, but from a distance. And the Dolphins are such fun to watch as they play in the water. Great series, Margaret. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Jellyfish looks like a work of art. I would have been totally entranced by the Dolphins, so special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Very cool shots. The jellyfish picture is amazing. Sorry I didn't link your post. I didn't see your email until just now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jellyfish is fascinating, and i really like that reflections shot.

    ReplyDelete