Friday 15 July 2022

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is  B and Berry. The first image is  of the BALLYDORN Lightship and it also gives me a REFLECTION image.  CLICK HERE for more information on the Lightship if you missed it on last Monday's post. The next photograph is  STREET PHOTOGRAPHY shot of two BOYS sitting on a paddle BOARD.


 

I had to make some research for the word BERRY and this is what I learned. In botany, a simple fleshy fruit that usually has many seeds, such as the BANANA, grape, and tomato and surprisingly, eggplants, and avocados are BOTANICALLY classified as BERRIES. However the popular strawberry is not a BERRY at all. BOTANISTS call the strawberry a "false fruit," a pseudocarp. A strawberry is actually a multiple fruit which consists of many tiny individual fruits embedded in a fleshy receptacle.  So I gave you the tomato - a true BERRY.

 Even at my ripe old age, I still have a lot to learn.

 I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.


9 comments:

  1. Well, that's interesting!! Thanks for passing that along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting info about berries! Hooray, you posted a pic of the lighthouse boat again! I was so interested in that, and this is a closer pic that gives me a better look. It is gorgeous, and so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the first time I have heard that a strawberry is not a fruit. Well, I'll plead ignorance and still enjoy it as fruit. Those tomatoes look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, we never stop learning, even at our advanced age. In my teens I thought I knew everything, and then discovered how little I really knew. Even if strawberries are not berries, I still like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for teaching me something new! Excellent photos btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I love lighthouses, but the BALLYDORN Lightship is a pleasant surprise!
    ...I first saw paddle BOARDS in Maui, but now they are popular here too.
    ...and at my ripe old age, I still have a lot to learn.
    Thanks Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting information about berries. Now our wild blackberries are ripening. They seem to meet the definition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have taught me something and showed me parts of your beautiful world, thank you!

    ReplyDelete