Friday 24 September 2021

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is M and Metal.  This bronze/METAL statue of Amy Carmichael as a young girl stands in Hamilton Road in Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland, on the grounds of the Presbyterian church which is just round the corner from where I live.   She was an Irish Christian missionary in India, who opened an orphanage and founded a mission in Dohnavur. She served in India for 55 years without furlough and wrote many books about the missionary work there. 



Walking on, I found MASSES of flowers in planters and a MAGNIFICENT MORNING  light over Bangor Bay.  We seem to have a new sculpture "The MERRMAID"  at the Long Hole.  I passed a MERCEDES Benz MOTOR car and came upon a MULTICOLOURED railing giving me a MARVELLOUS REFLECTION image.











 .I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.


13 comments:

  1. 55 years without a furlough? That is dedication.
    Love the planters and the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Beautiful views of the water, The flowers are all gorgeous.
    Take care, enjoy your day. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall light over the Bay. And you found a Mermaid. I am impressed. The fall flowers are also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What loveliness! Amy Charmichael was an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Amy Carmichael sounds like a wonderful woman. I wish that my fuchsia looks that magnificent. The lighting on your seascape is marvelous. The mermaid and the gathering of pots are great. Thanks Margaret for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those flowers, a riot of colour. And the light in your photos is magnificent. That reflection! Love the mermaid too.
    Thank you for my morning smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 55 years without furlough is a long time. She sounds like a dedicated woman. Love all the flowers and the mermaid. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful reflection! I'd like to read Amy Carmichael's biography.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this post, Margaret. I knew of Amy Carmichael but I read more about her after your introduction. Lots of pretty flowers too. It was another nice walk for you, and for us.
    Cheers,
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Margaret,
    I like all your "magnificent" flower photos, and your early morning captures. You picked some good "M" words! Have a nice week.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete