Friday 12 February 2021

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is G  and Green. This Wood Pigeon belongs to the GENUS Columba.    In GREAT Britain Wood Pigeons are commonly seen in parks and gardens and are seen with increasing numbers in towns and cities.  The Wood Pigeon is basically a GREY bird, and during the Big GARDEN Birdwatch weekend when we were counting our own bird species in an hour, a total of 5 of these birds visited my GARDEN and often were feeding on my GREEN GRASS. I am leaving you with a REFLECTION image of  the water in the Long Hole looking like GLASS on a very GREY afternoon.
 


I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

11 comments:

  1. He is such a lovely bird, almost irridescent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pigeons are the only birds I'm not fond of--- I really don't know why. I don't hate them, but... I am very fond of the way these houses look along the "hole".

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always the reflection has my vote - which is not a reflection (pun intended) on the beauty of the pigeon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wood pigeon has such pretty colors in its feathers, and the water scene with the houses is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pigeon is a pretty bird. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice pigeon, prettier than some other species. Love the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...we have lots of pigeons here, but many don't hold they in high regard. That a beautiful row of buildings. Thanks Margaret for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret, I DID Enjoy your post today. The Reflection is great, that pigeon is more plump that the ones we have here. Very pretty though.
    Thank you for introducing us to the Muscovy duck. We have quite a few around here, 70 miles back north of of the Gulf of Mexico shore (Houston Texas area). A bird info web site tells that they are native to Mexico and Central America but are moving northwards.
    Climate change I'm thinking.
    ..

    ReplyDelete