Tuesday 15 September 2020

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

It has been a long time since I have visited the National Trust property of Mount Stewart to take photographs, one because of Covid and the other because of my torn ligament as well as being away most of the summer.  So  I took my bird group last week but unfortunately it poured.  Not a day to really get the best of this beautiful place but we did see some Morrhen, these healthy family os Swans have reared 6 beautiful cygnets.  When they saw us from the other side of the lake, they immediately made a beeline for us, or did they have a scheduled meeting witih the Mallards?

I am linking to WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY.








 


 

With the rain pouring down on the ducks we thought the raindrops looked liked diamonds on their backs.


I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

8 comments:

  1. Great - I love the way that water beads on their feathers.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Margaret,
    Beautiful series on the Swans, they are lovely. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Wonder if they were expecting you to feed them? People must be doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures in spite of the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to see the families growing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute! I guess they are used to people taking their picture :)
    I do hope your injury heals perfectly so you can get out and about when time permits.


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete