Thursday 11 December 2014

GOOD FENCES - Daniel Goes Diving

Following on from yesterday’s post when we finished by arriving at Monfort Cottages at Lake Malawi,  today we were taking Daniel, my grandson from there to his first diving lesson and dive and I will show you the area of this little village by the lake and how Judith my daughter and Annika, my granddaughter put in our time waiting for him to complete the dive.


Daniel is 11 years old, is checking his equipment and getting into his wetsuits.  He and his Dad have negative buoyancy and so it is easier for them to stay under water.




Area at the Scuba centre where later we would have our lunch and below a view from inside the centre.



This employee gets the boat ready and the equipment all on board.


While we waited for Daniel to be put through his paces in readiness for his dive, Judith and I relaxed and I took these shots of the beautiful beach.  



It looks like ‘it is a dog’s life’ here!


Further along the beach these women were doing their washing.



This is Daniel i now ready with his instructor and they board the boat.


 Daniel boards the boat.

Judith, Annika and myself went to explore the little village and look for somewhere to have a seat with a view and some refreshment.


I think we will give this one a miss!!


These next few shots are of a place that was not open as it was not yet completed however they let us in to look around and it certainly would be a lovely place to stay. The little cabins accommodate 2-3 people.










With a view like this it was not difficult to spend a couple of hours here while Daniel was diving.


Both restaurants looks quite good but was no on the sea side of the street. Certainly the flowers were gorgeous.


Off we went further up this only street and of course Annika could not resist looking at all the stalls.  




This was the place we decided to have refreshments and indeed it was a lovely choice and they even had books, magazines and games to play.


With a view like this it was not difficult to spend a couple of hours here
 while Daniel was diving.



I hope you made this journey with me and enjoyed seeing how the day panned out for us.  Daniel’s instructor said he was a natural and we would be obringing him back the next day to continue his course.  So join me tomorrow. 

I am linking this post with GOOD FENCES.

Thank you for joining me today and also to all many thanks to all those who leave comments.

36 comments:

  1. Wonderful post on your trip, Margaret. I am glad Daniel had such a easy time diving and on his instructions.. The views are beautiful. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and all very interesting photos! I am impressed that your grandson is learning how to scuba dive. He must be an excellent swimmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is, so is Annika. Both my daughters were compeditive swimmers until mid teens and Judith while living in Sydney, trained to become a children's swimming instructor. Daniel could swim under water before he could swim on top!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for all those beautiful pictures Margaret :)
    And I loved all fences in this post - the fishy window fence,
    the plant fence on the beach and all the others :))

    Have a fine day
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos! We just had a huge dump of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous post and beautiful photos Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful series of photos of your trip Margaret.
    Beautiful views, nice then Daniel can dive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a different life from Canada! It's great that Daniel is learning to scuba dive. He has lots of adventures ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really enjoyed all of the photos! what a brave boy daniel is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swimming and diving are great skills. Your grandchildren will get a lifetime of pleasure in knowing how. How wonderful you can take them to beaches such as this to explore and practice. The connections they must make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos warm me up on what is a cold windy day, great post.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like reading about your adventures! Good job to Daniel!! And thank you for identifying the little bush at my blog! The Royal Horticultural Society website has a lot of good information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed viewing your Lake Malawi visit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice fence in that yard. i also like the fish gates on those arched window areas. :) cool that he's learning to dive so young.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post, Margaret. Daniel certainly is an adventurous young man; Annike is a girl after my own heart, exploring all the stalls. Have a great day. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really loved seeing your photos...I'd love to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for this beautiful trip ! Beautiful photos! It is great that your grandson is learning how to scuba dive.
    wish you a nice day1

    ReplyDelete
  17. What wonderful experiences you and your family are sharing. This is a beautiful area with a great lake view. I love the fish gated arches at the scuba center.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just wonderful! So happy for Daniel! The kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just adore stopping by here, it's like my own vacation away. My most favorite stand out of all the photos, although they are all perfect, but with my writer's eye, I see such great thoughts flying from the old used to be tea room, what a visit that would be today. I'd probably bring the owners, or sign makers their very own english dictionary though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for taking me along on another wonderful tour. I really enjoy your adventures. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fascinating tour you gave us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an exciting day! Your grandson is SO cute! I love the ironwork in between the archways. Also that huge pink bush, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this was so interesting. Amazing beach. Our son in law travels to Malawi with the US CDC.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, how awesome! When I was Daniel's age, I took scuba diving lessons and out 'final exam' was diving in a Quarry, it was really exciting. Malawi looks like a really interesting visit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you had a great day, love the beach scenes, the fences and the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun day! The scenery is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  27. what an "interesting" place and a lucky boy to be scuba diving!! I think I would skip that restaurant as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow there were so many interesting things here and some really great fences. I truly enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Terrific post. Beautiful scenery and some great fences there although they don't look very sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous seaside views, and glad to hear Daniel did so well with his scuba diving! :)
    I love the natural fences.

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  31. It finally sunk in about his dive! I was thinking swimming lessons--this is taking it to the max! It never crossed my mind that someone his age would be doing this. You did have some beautiful scenery to take in while you waited. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My grandson is a surfer so if there is good surf where you've been I'm sure he would love it too. I may be a dog's life for some but what a place to unwind with or without the fences.

    ReplyDelete
  33. lots of fences here and there. A great day, but why did yoy not dive too?

    ReplyDelete