Monday 18 December 2023

THROUGH MY LENS

This African, evergreen tree was photographed in the Cairns Botanic Gardens  It is about 15 m tall, is very tolerant of dry conditions. It has alternate, compound leaves with 7-9 rough leathery leaflets per leaf. The dark, red flowers are born in long pendulous sprays, bat-pollinated. The fleshy, fawn-coloured fruit is sausage-like and up to 50 cm long. 

I am linking to THROUGH MY LENS.



I appreciate your visit and comments.

 I hope you enjoyed this post today.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Margaret, is that the kigelia africana. Sausage tree? I've never seen it, even here in South Africa. So good to see you in real life above. XX Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen sausage trees in Florida. Fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating. I also wonder if it is edible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are poisonous to humans but an elephant can get through the very hard freuit

      Delete