Tuesday 1 March 2022

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

These birds were photographed at Donaghadee about 6 miles from where I live.  Now part of today’s photographs are a challenge which I had given to my bird group who found it quite difficult. The stills and 2 videos are of Turnstones.  Now look at the 4th image and without looking at the next few heavily cropped photos, see how many species are in that shot and how many birds of each species.

Answers given in this Saturday's Critters post!

I am linking to WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY



 






  I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.


6 comments:

  1. I saw five species, and a male and female Mallard. Fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny You did not NAME the species you saw (Apart for the Mallard)

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    Beautiful birds, is one of the birds a Purple Sandpiper or maybe a Redshank? Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing the Turnstones. These wading birds are not found anywhere near the prairie, so they are new to me. I got to see my first Red Pole of the spring today, a most welcome sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mercy but there are many of them. They're all beautiful, whatever they are (i only know the mallards for certain, although one looks like a gull).

    ReplyDelete