Saturday 7 March 2020

SATURDAY CRITTERS

I photographed this Whimbrel on Cairns Esplanade, Australia last year.
Now I will give you all a bit of a laugh.  I thought you all had abandoned me as I was not receiving any comments via my email, as usual but today the penny dropped, blogger had stopped that system and I had to go into "comments awaiting apprroval" to see them and so I have had a delightful time reading all your wonderufl comments not only for me but Danny, one of my bird group members.  
VERY MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL PEOPLE.
yOU HAVE MADE ME DAY.
Have a fabulous weekend.
I am linking it to SATURDAY CRITTERS.







Many thanks for your visit and your comments.

13 comments:

  1. Very nose-heavy! But it works fine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wader.
    You can set it up so you still receive comments by email and if I remember how I will send you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Margaret, beautiful series on the Whimbrel. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks always for visiting and commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whimbrel is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an excellent photo series of this unique bird. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a refreshing, though muddy, time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very specialized looking beak it has. Did you see it catch anything?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet that WAS a bit of a shock! A Whimbrel, a new one to me. Maybe it looks a bit like a Curlew?

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great pictures. Birds are a never-ending source of photos and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bardzo lubię kuliki. Widuję je kilka razy w roku na polskich podmokłych łąkach.
    Są trochę śmieszne z tymi długimi dziobami.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whimbrels always look to me like they are shaking mud off their feet as they walk along! Nice series!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fascinating bird, i like it!

    ReplyDelete