Tuesday 27 May 2014

Walk Along the Antrim Coast

Today in this post, having left the Giant’s Causeway (yesterday’s post), I travelled further along the Antrim coast, stopping for lunch overlooking the sea. My idea was to walk to Dunluce Castle and although I started out to do that, it became plain to me that it was going to rain heavily and I didn’t know how far it was to the castle so I headed back to the car as I still had another couple of site to see before finding my accommodation for the night.  Please come join me for this walk.


Along the cliff path, I came across this pair of Stone Chat and they posed well for me.  I really don't think anymore words are necessary so put it into slide mode and just enjoy the birds and scenery.


























I was arrived back to the car before the downpour but it did not last long.  Below is a tiny harbour I decided to visit because about 35 years ago I spent a day here in my caravan.




 This is the first view I had of the National Trust White Park Bay and in the distance I could just make out where I was going to spend the night.  However there were still places to see, places to go before that!  Also in the far distance is Portbradden Village which I had intended to visit as it has the tiniest church I have even seen but I missed the turning!




 Portbradden cropped for you to see it better.  The National Trust acquired an semi-detached cottage there and can be rented out.  CLICK HERE for details.




I have a short video which can be access at

http://youtu.be/S7kzATOqfIQ

If there is a black space, click it and the video will appear.



Many thanks for travelling with me and I hope you are enjoying the journey.  Tomorrow we will drop down from the heights of these cliffs to a beautiful little harbour.  

Thank you all your comments on any of my posts

36 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Stone Chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the Stone Chats and thanks for comment

      Delete
  2. HI Steve Yes a lovely little bird.Thanks for comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as usual..fantastic work..wonderful birds this time..altogether a magnificent presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roger, You are so kind but I will take the compliment anyway. Glad you are enjoying coming along on this trip with me!

      Delete
  4. Lovely scenery Margaret and those Stonechats posed for you perfectly....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the scenery. The Stonechats were very vocal and I wondered if they had a nest nearby. Many thanks for you comment. You and your good lady should make a visit here sometime.

      Delete
  5. I love the cute Stone Chat.. It is an adorable bird, cute sounds too. Gorgeous scenic views and photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen I am delighted that you are enjoying this journey with me and thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  6. I loved seeing the Stone Chat and equally the stunning vistas . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lynne Yes the Stonechat is a lovely little bird and of course the scenery is spectacular. Many thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  7. Splendid post - and the S'chat is a bird I have not seen for a while! I really like the images with the barbed wire - nice contrast.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. The barbed wire photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable little birds! and some great fences in here, too! if you want to link this to good fences on thursday, i'd be pleased to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is all so beautiful! I love the birds and all the green color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome bird images, Margaret!! I saw my first chat last weekend--a yellow-breasted chat. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness Margaret, each post is more beautiful than the last, I think National Geographic would have you on board in the blink of an eye...certainly makes one want to either visit or move your way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant photos Margaret, coupled with the scenery, excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the walk and the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got one word that may describe the place you visited well - verdant.
    So, pretty!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marvelous photos and video of these lovely sweet little birds Margaret. I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shots of the Stonechat Margaret, I just never see them now over the last few years in my current area.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's nothing quite like a walk along a scenic coastal cliff is there Margaret? And then you go and find the classic bird for such a walk, the Stonechat.You have some great pictures there and it looks like the birds were in the throes of breeding.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful little birds and you got some very good shots of them. And that sure is a beautiful place. Would love to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah Margaret, what beautiful photos! I would love to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pictures today are awesome! I have never heard of Stone Chat, I wonder how they got that name? Their closeups are just divine! I love the tiny little village right on the coast. They are so near, I wonder if they ever flood?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enjoying your trip very much. The giant's causeway has been on my bucket list from the start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Take it off you bucket list and just come. Keep journeying with me, I have still a way to go! Thanks for comment.

      Delete
  23. Green, lush and incredible. Thank you.
    Your barbed wire caught my eyes though - the barbs seem closer than I am used to. Vicious stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely walk with you Margaret and stunning photos of the location and of course the Stonechat.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous landscape for an amazing little bird. It's SO green over there. Now that would be a fun trek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Chris Glad you are enjoying the journey with me. Now how about Kathie and you making a trip over here sometime? Thanks for comment.

      Delete
  26. Hi Margaret, the Stone Chats have certainly done themselves proud... all that posing - just perfect.
    The seaside views are so picturesque. Love the wildflowers dotted here and there :D)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Margaret, I've enjoyed walking with you the last two posts. The scenery is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another incredible addition to this journey. Soooooo beautiful Margaret. I adore the Stone Chats and your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have enjoyed this post very much Margaret. Ireland looks like a beautiful country - I've never been there and I don't know if it is my Irish ancestry that attracts me. One of my forefathers deserted from the army of Sir Harry Smith in the mid 1800s and fled to one of the old Boer Republics, though many years later did apply for and was granted a pardon from Queen Victoria. I was surprised to see the Stone Chat as we also have them down here. I must still try and get a decent photo of one.

    ReplyDelete