Friday 24 March 2017

FRIDAY'S HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Time for Weekend Reflections and Friday’s Hunt.  This week it is the letter L, Favourite and Antique. I visited WWT Centre at Caste Espie with my bird group this week and I was horrified at the amount of foliage they had cut down leaving the ducks hardly anywhere to hide or even nest.  Then we were confronted with these huge LEGO birds.  Creative but we agreed a bit out of place in this place although I am sure children would love them.


The LEGO birds at the Hawaiian goose, the Red breasted goose and the the last one is Suki the Spoon-billed Sandpiper.  
It has 12,800 bricks and took 110 hours ot complete.




This is a LONG corridor shot which was taken at the “Cottage in Malawi and you can just see Judith carrying stuff in from the car.  This is only half of the corridor!


This image is taken at the LONG Hole near Bangor Pier and also has a lovely REFleCION of the rocks in the water.


This Victorian Gazebo is a wonderful ANTIQUE which has been standing on the Bangor sea front for generations and although I could not find the date it was erected, I know it was there in the 1890's.   That day the two people you see just to the right of this shot had just finished feeding the Pigeons.

Now do you have a FAVOURITE today?

Many thanks for visiting and also for leaving comments.

17 comments:

  1. The long hole is my favourite. Water and reflections always do it for me. I agree about the lego.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lego geese look like they are about to fly off somewhere. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Margaret!
    Artificial birds are fantastic. Your pictures are great.
    This rocky (Klif) platform is unusual.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO much to love here today! My favorite is the gorgeous cliffs and their reflection. One would think they are way out isolated by the sea, but right across from them are houses!!! The picture is truly awesome. And the Lego birds, LOVE LOVE LOVE!! So unusual, and whoever designed and made them must be very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lego birds are well done, but I would rather see real live birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! A Hawaiian Nene: State Bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...it looks as though you can build just about everything with LEGOS. What great sculptures. Wishing a you a wonderful week, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Lego sculptures of the birds Margaret and i really like your shot of the Long hole and reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fascinating gazebo this is! and think of all of the history that it has seen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely little gazebo - so detailed! All those pigeons remind me of when my grandmother used to take me to feed the pigeons at Trafalguar Square when I was little. I have lovely memories of those days. I think the lego birds are quite charming really, a lot of work went into them, and they must give a lot of people a smile. It's a shame about the foliage - hopefully it will grow back and the ducks will be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All interesting photos but today my favorite is the beautiful reflection of rocks and sky. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool! I vote for the red-breasted goose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting series. I suppose a first step to get children interested is lego birds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder if they cut out so much of the foliage to help the birds land. I know they clear a marsh near where I live because they birds have to be able to fly down at an angle to land on the water. Just a thought. The Lego birds are quite interesting, but they do seem out of place outside like that. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete