Friday 5 March 2021

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is J  and Jam. Both these images are from my archives. (explanation at end of post.)  I am sure this scone with its clotted cream and JAM oozing out of it will make you JOLLY hungry.  The final image was taken in Belfast and  shows a great REFLECTION of the Albert Clock and you can see  from the sign, that ahead is the JUNCTION of High Street and the main road leading to the motorways.



 

I was ill  most of January/February and just recovering, when I collapsed while out walking and spent some days in hospital being investigated.  I am home now with still numerous test to undergo but have to take it easy and rest and the worst part is, I am not allowed to drive for at least 6 month! I have not been out with my camera recently and so I am having to reply on my archiives. But as Sir Captain Tom said "Tomorrow will be a good day".

I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

13 comments:

  1. Is anyone experiencing leaving a comment on my post today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Now I am in need of a scone with jam, thank you very much. No problem posting a comment so far. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the contrast between this modern building and the old church reflecting in it . ANd the first pic makes me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Do they have any idea yet what your diagnosis could be? Maybe Covid? I am so sorry, and you never said a word! How do you feel now? I love the clock reflection. It is an old fashioned item reflected in a modern bulding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great reflection! Worrying about the collapse - not COVID I hope? That has done that to otherwise seemingly well people. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret,
    Well first, I hope you are ok, feeling better and recovering. The biscuit and jam look delicious! I've used pictures from the past many times. Have a good weekend.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. O Margaret, I feel so bad hearing about your fall. Did anyone come running up to help you? When I fell in Ireland two young folks came running to help me up but I just wanted to stay laying down. I broke my kneecap, tore a finger out of joint, and was a bloody, literally, mess all over. Our daughter fell by slipping down on the ice three weeks ago and broke her femur high up. They used pins, screws, and a rod to fix her up. She came home from the hospital late the second day using a walker.
    Your scone looks sooo yummy, fixed my way except I would eat it open face.
    Your Reflection is nice too. I didn't have one for today but only you regulars come see it anyway. Sometimes Jim from Sydney peeks in as sometimes James also. But hardly ever anyone from the Reflections sign in even if just to return my visit.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I hope you will be feeling better soon. Do you have someone checking in from time to time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Margaret!
    I hope you are fine.
    I wish you good health and best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...Margaret, I hope that you will continue to be stronger each and every day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your archives are excellent.

    Praying for a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are feeling better!

    Great reflection! I've only had scones with clotted cream and jam twice, once in London and once in a fancy hotel here in California both times were in the 1990s. It's past time for more scones with clotted cream and jam. :-)

    ReplyDelete