Friday 20 November 2020

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is U and  Under.  I was sitting in my caravan looking out over the field where the cattle were grazing and I saw an UNUSUAL sight where a cow started have contractions and the sac and a lot of fluids gushed out.  You can see the cow's UDDER UNDER her body.  I felt she was having difficulty because although she continues to have contractions, nothing else happened so I contacted the farmer, he came and took the cow to a closer field to were he lived so he could keep an eye on her.




 I will finish with Swans on Mount Stewart lake and UNDER them are lovely REFLECTIONS.

TiI hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

6 comments:

  1. Nice Reflections, Margaret. I have a bird on my post and another on last week's. You might be able to identify them for me? Last weeks was white, this weeks was about the same size but brown, dark and light large stripes running toward the body. The picture doesn't show them real well.
    You did a good deed for the cow and the farmer. We had a similar situation Scotland. We were on a narrow "highway", mostly one lane except for passing places, leading to the Balmoral Castle. Two young sheep had gotten out and were running up and down along the fence to get back in but weren't having success. They were too big to put into our car so I drove on and found the owner's farm house. They were inside the house having midday tea but said yes and thanked us and said they would go right up and help them.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Margaret. You almost became a midwife to cow and an auntie to a new baby? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Margaret, you sure caught an UNUSUAL UDDER UNDER sight! Thanks so much for coming to the party, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always such a beautiful moment when you see a cow giving birth and I have seen it once. And that cow had trouble with it too, but fortunately the farmer was in the neighborhood to help. I also wrote about it once on my websites. You made a nice photograps of it that I with pleasure has watching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor thing, I hope she is okay.
    Love swans but am also aware of how vicious they can be. We have them right outside on Lake Ontario.

    ReplyDelete