Friday 10 May 2019

Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup

Time for The Weekend Roundup and Weekend Reflections and the letter is S and Small.  Today, I am making the post differently as I am telling you a STORY which happened on Christmas Day when we were in South Africa. Anna and myself thought we would give Annika, my younger grandchild a SURPRISE treasure hunt.  SO without her knowing it, we made a plan, thought up SOME clues, wrote them on STRIPS of paper and rolled them up into SMALL  SCROLLS.  Then Anna and I went down to the STEAM/river and hid them along it.  One clue lead to another.  It STARTED at the house where we left Annika a tiny bunch of flowers and her first clue, then we lead her blind fold down to the water's edge. These are SOME of the SHOTS I took as Annika forded the STEAM to find all the clues and SURPRISESSHE had SUCH fun doing it and we have SUCH fun watching her.  Enjoy!



SHE had to carry the flowers In her hand until she found the SECOND clue so was not able to SWIM.  It was right at the end of were you can SEE the water and STONES!




I remember at this point Annika SAID she could not open the SCROLL but we SAID she had to, to arrive at the following clue, SO SHE persevered and SOMEHOW got it opened.




Now I don’t often pick a FAVOURITE SHOT of my own but this is it today.(above)



We had made SIX SCROLLS and SURPRISES for her to find and SHE found them all.


Above is my REFLECTION SHOT today



I hope you enjoyed the story that went along with these 
SPECIAL SHOTS today.

Many thanks for visiting and also for leaving comments.

12 comments:

  1. That looks like a heap of fun - for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, what a fun time. Your granddaughter is cute! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! It looks like she had fun every minute. A really good adventure to remember forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun for all of you, and you got a great reflections photo also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a memory she will never forget.Looks like you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret, this is a SUPERB post, the story was great. I agree with your favorite!! And "and STONES!" with bare feet. I would stop right there. Kids like the games, especially the kind where there is a task or puzzle to be solved. Our nine-year-0ld like the scavenger hunts.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...Margaret, what a 'S'pecial Christmas 'S'tory. Everytime I see your granddaughter with her red hair it reminds me of my granddaughter Emma! Thanks for Sharing all of your 'S's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks so happy

    mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a sweet girl, she is beautiful, i love her hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She reminds me of my red-headed little girl. She's a beauty. Your favorite is also my favorite. What a wonderful memory you made for her.

    ReplyDelete