Saturday 18 May 2019

SATURDAY CRITTERS

My story and photographs continue from MONDAY and WEDNESDAY's posts when I was at the National Trust Property of Mount Stewart. 


“OK Mum, just a little bit further and then we will let them play a while and show them how we upend ourselves to find food.” he says.






I was photographing from here at the side of this bank at the lake.




“Dad, we are tired now, can we go back?", two of the cygnets say.
"You all have done very well on your first outing so we will head back but keep close to the reeds as the evening is closing in" he told them.



I walked on and left this lovely new family to themselves and I just could not resist taking a final shot of them in the distance as they neared their nest site.

I am linking with SATURDAY CRITTERS.

Many thanks for visiting and also leaving any comments.

12 comments:

  1. Awww.
    White swans always seem so very exotic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, what a beautiful place. The swan family photos are wonderful. The little ones are so cute. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day. Wishing you a great weekend. PS, thanks for the visit and comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see the little cygnets :) A great set of photos and I hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are such cute little balls of feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! And I just love your dialog between them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret.
    One of the pairs where I walk had a brood, but a Mink got the lot.
    These idiots that use to release those animals should see the damage they are doing now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures and some really good reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful sight Margaret. So nice to see the white swans, we have the black swans in WA, beautiful also in a dramatic way, but the white swans are so pretty ✨

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww! The babies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete